Home

Some people are just plain silly

enDless_Deliriu

I was on a server today, and someone was saying how they got their game free. I asked if they liked it, they said yes, so I said they should go and buy it to support Raven and get more good games made. This is what was said (as near verbatim as I can remember)

Him: Why, whats so bad about pirating a game?

Me: Well, considering that means that people don't get paid, it also means companies don't think a good game did well, so they don't make a sequel. In other words, yo hurt the industry down the line.

Him: But stealing isn't always wrong

Me: How do you figure

Him: Well, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed a starving family?

Me: So you are telling me you pirated a copy of Jedi Knight II so that you could feed your starving family with the CD?

Him: umm..bad example.

Me: ok, I'll give you another shot

Him: Is it wrong to steal from a massive corporation that has ruined some peoples lives?

Me: Yes, because you're not affecting the corporation, but the people who work for it and are normal people like you.

Him: Shut up you stupid goodie-goodie! You're just mad that I got this game for free

<him> has been kicked

Admin: I missed him admitting to warezing the first time, can't believe he did it again when he knew the admin was here.

Some people are just really stupid in how they try to rationalize stealing things.

How do you get pirates to pay?

An enhancement patch or upgrade requires the CD to be present.

Great sales strategy if you ask me. Get those who usually pirate games hooked then make them buy the game when the expansion patch is release.

;)

Archived