Home

My JK2 wish list

rionikuanjiru

I've been playing JK2 for quite a while and I decided to come up with a list of what I'd like to see in the game.

Then I thought I was crazy, and splitted it into three sections : Possible, hard, and impossible :)

Here goes:

Possible/easy :

-Being able to pick which force powers are allowed on the server you create, or even able to vote for "banning" a power. If I want to do duels with Jump, Push, Pull, S Attack, S Move, S Throw, but without Drain, Absorb, Lightning, Mind trick and such for exemple.

-A damage reduction/recovery time increase/anything to lower the power of the "Finishing move" in heavy stance (The one who looks like Cloud's Braver). A person can know only this move, do it over and over again, and be #1 in kills on a server. Although the move is not THAT powerful by itself (Most semi-skilled fighter can avoid it) it should somehow be slower. Also, reduce the "Dangerous timer" on the saber I.E. : Why the hell do I take 100 damage by STEPPING on the saber if I counterattack the move!

-Something for light stance. Anything. The stance is not up to notch with the other stances : it does far too little damage, and is way too easy to block. Flogging a dead horse here.

-Single player taunts moved to multi-player. The saber force spinning thing. Very cool. Well, cooler than "Hey, you there!".......... nah :D

-DEAR GOD' PLEASE MORE INFO IN THE JOIN GAME ROOM!!!!! How hard it is to make a thumbnail showing if the game is Saber-Only, Password protected, Force Mastery Level.... I Prefer Saber only game, and if I join a game which is not I have to wait for the game to load entirely (Which can take pretty long depending on your detail settings) before I can exit once more, and repeat... I know there is a server info button, but it's not very user friendly (Especially when you have to fill the last spot on a server real quick).

-Some way to auto-download SKINS. It works for mods, no? I don't want skins, I turn-off auto-download skins. I want them, I turn it on. Easy as pie. Besides, let's be honest, most skins in the game sucks. (Mon Mothma..... puuuuuh-leaze!)

-Drain gives the Light Jedi force when it is used on him while Absorb is up(Like lightning). 'nuff said.

-More emotes/taunts/whatever... People bowing, laughing, doing a backlip in place, anything. Shouldn't be too hard to code since all models use the same animations.

-An option to leave saber throw out of duels. It's a force power, it's not force jump, it has nothing to do there in my opinion. But an option is a good compromise for those who like it.

-I have no idea as to how it should be done, but some way to prevent repeated pushing/gripping down holes on maps like the streets of nar shadaa. I can hear the "Use absord" coming : I do use it, but not everybody wants to, and you shouldn't be forced to use it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard, but achievable by mods hard work sweat and blood :

-Increased "saber clash". I don,t know if you're following me, but watch any saber fight (Especially those in episode 1) and you'll understand : A saber fight shouldn't be about dodging a move, finding an open spot and killing the ennemy in a number of hits : I believe it should be about hitting saber to saber and finally succeeding in hitting the ennemy once to kill him : not everyone will agree on this though. THe fights versus reborn, although pretty easy, reflect what I'd like to see : they clash their sabers with yours, and sparks fly all over the place, until you can deal a single finishing blow.

-A special stance for the double-bladed lightsaber (/thedestroyer). I'm looking at our friends from the modding community here, not at Raven.

-New models. Someone tell me how to implement them, and I will make some. I want Vader, I want Qui-Gon, I want Maul, I don,t want the "Prisonner" model with a Maul skin, that's an insult to Maul!!

-A kind of "Team Fortress" mod. Classes like Dark Jedi, Stormtrooper, Shadowtrooper, Stimmer, Apprentice for the Dark side, and Jedi, Padawan, New Republic Guard, Medic, Defender, for the Light Side. Each with different abilities. I got the idea in a team deathmatch, and as always using only my saber. We were in a tight corridor in the god-forsaken ffa_imperial map, and there was a fight between my troops and my ennemy, shooting each other with rigles and blasters. I moved ahead of my troops and deflected most of the ennemy's blaster shots while my friend's passed right through. Very cool, very fun.

-Auto-downloadable saber skins. I want a silver one! :D

-New stances/moves for the old stances. I hesitated before putting this one in Hard instead of impossible, but with a lot of hard work I think it could be achieved. Some people mentionned simple keystroke combos : back forward forward slash in medium stance, for exemple, could make you down a spin jump attack, like a dragon punch. Or right left back in light stance could make you do a air split kick (a la Obi-Wan from episode 1).

-Stable dismemberment in multi-player.

-Flashy and useless saber moves. Throwing it up in the air and catching it, whirling it around like Obi in EP1, anything. Little details make a game interesting (Turning off the saber, anyone??)

It also would be nice if you could "lose" your lightsaber, like in single player. You can call it back, of course, but it takes a little time. Would make throw-happy people think twice!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, things that WON'T happen... I wish they would though :

-Saber Variety : dual sabers, long, lance-like sabers, a stance like Adi's in Jedi Power Battles (The blade reversed). If anyone wants to pull it off anyway, I'm in.

-More "unarmed" moves while using the saber. There is the backflip kick, but kicks like Maul uses all the time, or a backhand punch while your opponent is too close. Again, almost impossible (Harder than the dual sabers and such I believe.)

-Die by the Sword controls, only, well, working :D Would make the game 100000000000 better, yet it is impossible to pull off correctly.

Well that's about it. Keep in mind the section these suggestions are in before you flame ; soemthing impossible is, well, impossible, I'm not asking for it to happen.

Please feel free to comment my suggestions, or better yet, add your own.

Rioniku Anjiru -SC- (Yes I still have "Saber Code" in my name... anyone else does?)

italics mine

Originally posted by rionikuanjiru

I've been playing JK2 for quite a while and I decided to come up with a list of what I'd like to see in the game.

Then I thought I was crazy, and splitted it into three sections : Possible, hard, and impossible :)

Here goes:

Possible/easy :

-Being able to pick which force powers are allowed on the server you create, or even able to vote for "banning" a power. If I want to do duels with Jump, Push, Pull, S Attack, S Move, S Throw, but without Drain, Absorb, Lightning, Mind trick and such for exemple.

wait for patch.

-A damage reduction/recovery time increase/anything to lower the power of the "Finishing move" in heavy stance (The one who looks like Cloud's Braver). A person can know only this move, do it over and over again, and be #1 in kills on a server. Although the move is not THAT powerful by itself (Most semi-skilled fighter can avoid it) it should somehow be slower. Also, reduce the "Dangerous timer" on the saber I.E. : Why the hell do I take 100 damage by STEPPING on the saber if I counterattack the move!

see no.1

-Something for light stance. Anything. The stance is not up to notch with the other stances : it does far too little damage, and is way too easy to block. Flogging a dead horse here.

whats wrong with the stab move? rtfm :D

-Single player taunts moved to multi-player. The saber force spinning thing. Very cool. Well, cooler than "Hey, you there!".......... nah :D

hmm maybe

-DEAR GOD' PLEASE MORE INFO IN THE JOIN GAME ROOM!!!!! How hard it is to make a thumbnail showing if the game is Saber-Only, Password protected, Force Mastery Level.... I Prefer Saber only game, and if I join a game which is not I have to wait for the game to load entirely (Which can take pretty long depending on your detail settings) before I can exit once more, and repeat... I know there is a server info button, but it's not very user friendly (Especially when you have to fill the last spot on a server real quick).

try the all seeing eye has 21day trial

-Some way to auto-download SKINS. It works for mods, no? I don't want skins, I turn-off auto-download skins. I want them, I turn it on. Easy as pie. Besides, let's be honest, most skins in the game sucks. (Mon Mothma..... puuuuuh-leaze!)

must be some way to do this.... maybe patch

-Drain gives the Light Jedi force when it is used on him while Absorb is up(Like lightning). 'nuff said.

patch

-More emotes/taunts/whatever... People bowing, laughing, doing a backlip in place, anything. Shouldn't be too hard to code since all models use the same animations.

i say mod time

-An option to leave saber throw out of duels. It's a force power, it's not force jump, it has nothing to do there in my opinion. But an option is a good compromise for those who like it.

this is like no.1

-I have no idea as to how it should be done, but some way to prevent repeated pushing/gripping down holes on maps like the streets of nar shadaa. I can hear the "Use absord" coming : I do use it, but not everybody wants to, and you shouldn't be forced to use it.

um hold on i made a thread about this.... need to find. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44984

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard, but achievable by mods hard work sweat and blood :

-Increased "saber clash". I don,t know if you're following me, but watch any saber fight (Especially those in episode 1) and you'll understand : A saber fight shouldn't be about dodging a move, finding an open spot and killing the ennemy in a number of hits : I believe it should be about hitting saber to saber and finally succeeding in hitting the ennemy once to kill him : not everyone will agree on this though. THe fights versus reborn, although pretty easy, reflect what I'd like to see : they clash their sabers with yours, and sparks fly all over the place, until you can deal a single finishing blow.

agree

-A special stance for the double-bladed lightsaber (/thedestroyer). I'm looking at our friends from the modding community here, not at Raven.

hmm

-New models. Someone tell me how to implement them, and I will make some. I want Vader, I want Qui-Gon, I want Maul, I don,t want the "Prisonner" model with a Maul skin, that's an insult to Maul!!

not a editor

-A kind of "Team Fortress" mod. Classes like Dark Jedi, Stormtrooper, Shadowtrooper, Stimmer, Apprentice for the Dark side, and Jedi, Padawan, New Republic Guard, Medic, Defender, for the Light Side. Each with different abilities. I got the idea in a team deathmatch, and as always using only my saber. We were in a tight corridor in the god-forsaken ffa_imperial map, and there was a fight between my troops and my ennemy, shooting each other with rigles and blasters. I moved ahead of my troops and deflected most of the ennemy's blaster shots while my friend's passed right through. Very cool, very fun.

lots of this around, look harder

-Auto-downloadable saber skins. I want a silver one! :D

interresting

-New stances/moves for the old stances. I hesitated before putting this one in Hard instead of impossible, but with a lot of hard work I think it could be achieved. Some people mentionned simple keystroke combos : back forward forward slash in medium stance, for exemple, could make you down a spin jump attack, like a dragon punch. Or right left back in light stance could make you do a air split kick (a la Obi-Wan from episode 1).

mod

-Stable dismemberment in multi-player.

patch

-Flashy and useless saber moves. Throwing it up in the air and catching it, whirling it around like Obi in EP1, anything. Little details make a game interesting (Turning off the saber, anyone??)

It also would be nice if you could "lose" your lightsaber, like in single player. You can call it back, of course, but it takes a little time. Would make throw-happy people think twice!!

useless, but maybe

Finally, things that WON'T happen... I wish they would though :

-Saber Variety : dual sabers, long, lance-like sabers, a stance like Adi's in Jedi Power Battles (The blade reversed). If anyone wants to pull it off anyway, I'm in.

please look for 'saber battle X' for jki and mots, before saying this wont happen. if you can do it in jki..... Q3 WOOHOO!:D

-More "unarmed" moves while using the saber. There is the backflip kick, but kicks like Maul uses all the time, or a backhand punch while your opponent is too close. Again, almost impossible (Harder than the dual sabers and such I believe.)

see ^^^^^^

-Die by the Sword controls, only, well, working :D Would make the game 100000000000 better, yet it is impossible to pull off correctly.

????

Well that's about it. Keep in mind the section these suggestions are in before you flame ; soemthing impossible is, well, impossible, I'm not asking for it to happen.

Please feel free to comment my suggestions, or better yet, add your own.

Rioniku Anjiru -SC- (Yes I still have "Saber Code" in my name... anyone else does?)

SPY_jmr1 -SC- [JDG]

But it would be cool if they made a mod where you could use the JK2 features in a The Matrix type world.

I.e. Instead of a saber, you fight in hand-to-hand combat with saber like abilities. And you can choose the strength of your abilities like you do saber attack/defend/throw and force powers. You’d choose your attack level and defense levels same as saber, and the higher it is the faster and harder you can hit or block to make cool looking kung-fu fights. And you can still challenge people to duels.

And also put regular guns in the game. But instead of force powers you can choose “bullet dodge” -which would let you dodge bullets like the Matrix, and the higher the level the better it dodges- and “bullet stop” –which could allow you to stop a certain amount of bullets for a certain amount of time, like Neo- so people can walk around in fight mode without having to worry about being shot, and then run up and combo somebody.

Yeah, I know: it’s kind of far-fetched. But the JK2 Engine is the only engine I’ve played that I think can pull this off, since it uses such an exquisite melee combat format.

Half-Life and Quake~ only allow you to swing a crowbar and stuff, and fighting games only allow you to fight in a little circle. That’s why I like JK-2 so much is because you can fight with sabers and use guns/force powers while running through immense levels.

So I think that it would be cool if you could fight Matrix-style, use guns, have special powers, and still walk around through cool/large levels all at once.

And maybe make some cool skins of Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, and Agent Smith too.

:)

Guest HertogJan

Hmm well, JK2 could do this, but if there's ONE game that suits The Matrix best, it's Max Payne... The rumors about Max Payne MultiPlayer (MPMP :)) may be true! In that case; I'd love to play Neo in multiplayer!

The SP Matrix mod for MP is really cool. You can use kung fu, akimbo guns etc. exactly like the real movie!

Anywayz, back to topic :)

I agree with lots of stuff. But the thing I want most is more info in the game browser (in-game that is). I really hate to end up on a duel server with a frag limit of 30 :rolleyes:

Things I'd like to see in the game room are:

- Dedicated / Non-Dedicated

- Force mastery level (you could abbreviate it, like K for Knight, M for master)

- Saber only?

- Pure server?

And apart from that, I wish you could filter the server with a LOT more options, like:

- Maximum / Minimum players

- Saber only

- Force mastery level

- Type of game

- Ping

- Fraglimit

- Timelimit

- Pure Server

That is thge most important thing for me...

Originally posted by HertogJan

Hmm well, JK2 could do this, but if there's ONE game that suits The Matrix best, it's Max Payne... The rumors about Max Payne MultiPlayer (MPMP :)) may be true! In that case; I'd love to play Neo in multiplayer!

The SP Matrix mod for MP is really cool. You can use kung fu, akimbo guns etc. exactly like the real movie!

A Max Payne multi-player mod? I haven't heard anything about that. If you have anymore information, I would like to know. That would be cool.

:)

But yeah, the reason I didn't think the Max Payne engine could do it is because it doesn't have any good melee combat except for the lead pipe. And it doesn't have an auto-dodge system. It would be too hard to use the dodge feature in Multi-play if it goes fast. And it doesn't let you have "special powers". I would like to just hold down button and have the guy stand there and dodge bullets automatically like Neo/Agents, using the already implemented force-powers system.

Max just slides; it's still cool though.

Only ONE desire for JKII :

Make it so the skins/Models will work on a Pure server? ?:(

( i know if the server has em i can see em, but i want it so i can see em on any server without the server have em ) !!!

( like CS ) :)

that way you could make funny bright green and bright pink models, very much like i have seen it in cs.

so you would have the advantage because you could see your enemy better than he could see you

different for the player model, i would like to use a custom skin for my player model even if the server hasnt it.

Archived