Home

Force Push/Pull in MP...how does it work again?

RahnDelSol

I played against a friend the other night, had my force push/pull skills max'ed out, but they didn't seem to do much good. He always blocked, except when in the middle of a saber swing...

However, if I was doing anything but standing still, he could push/pull me and I'd fall over.

Even if I was just running, not swinging or anything, over I'd go. The only way to block it was to not move at all...

I didn't think it was supposed to work that way. Was my character just drunk? :confused:

There are a couple factors. The closer you are, the more likely you are to knock them down. It's easier if they aren't directly facing you, and if they're in the middle of a swing/jump/both it's easier yet.

I notice that too time to time, but i do know that if you get close to who ever your fighting and press push or pull he will fall over 95% each push/pull.

I fought a d00d on a duel server i had max out my force push and had nada points in PULL because it were set to Jedi Knight so i needed points else where. And when ever the guy pull´d me i basicly took me down each pull. Can anyone confirm this -

Having no points and pull but the other have maxxed points in pull will make u fall down?

Teir - Yes, I can confirm the same thing. I just finished playing MP against 8 players.

Every time I'd force push a normal player they would block a couple of times but then their force meter would run out and they'd get pushed. Every time I'd force pull them (especially at close range) they would fall over after a couple of tries - that goes for all players EXCEPT the leader (in a Mon Mothma Skin) who would be able to block all pulls and still have a serious amount of force left at the end..

I played against the same people in two arena's as well. It got to the point where I was watching that player take *multiple* force attacks (ie: more than 5 from several players), use force attacks afterwards and then still be able to repel my force pull!! You only have to look at the table of scores to see that whoever it was had some kind of massive advantage. Maybe the Mon Mothma skin has some side effects to it or something, but I doubt it..!

Could this be one of the first cheats/hacks for JKii..? (and no, I'm not bitter about losing a game! The facts are the facts - this guy could resist seriously heavy attacks from multiple players and still have force power to spare...no other player has this ability, so why should he?) :sprobe:

@Briss

It's not my intention to call you noobish or anything, it's just a question: could it be that he had "Force Absorb" activated?

You know, there is a light side power that turns enemy attacks into 'mana' when active. It gives the model a blueish glow. As long as it's active, one's practically immune to all pushs/pulls - and if lots of people TRY to push him then all that energy is converted into HIS mana and he'll never run low on it, so he can keep force absorb up forever.

I just ask because you didn't mention it.

If you know about force absorb and he didn't use it, then sorry, I was just trying to figure this out. :)

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

Hi Ronin,

no - I'm defnintely talking about players who are *not using Force Absorb* ;)

I can't work it out either. I've been playing on several servers again today and still haven't come across a single player who can do what I described: he can't be force pulled because he always has enough force to repel your attacks, even while repelling other attacks and still has enough left over to force attack with..!!

Force Pull a few times and the guy just *won't* fall over; even though n.e.other player does fall over under the same level of attack. I'm also at the maximum point level on my force push/pull BTW, and my ping isnt an issue.

I really really hope there's a logical explanation for this one because if this is the start of JKii MP cheats then the game is going to be ruined for everyone. :wookiee:

Archived