Home

Whats the point of editing?

PRiMACORD

Whats the point in modding this game (sounds/gfx/skins) when you can't even use them ONLINE.

I've modded my sounds/gfx ect, but i can't even use them in mp because of the gay ass pure server crap to prevent cheating. I stilll love the game, but it will grow stale very soon if i can't edit the game up. FFS i can't even change the music.

Is this only bothering me? Am i a dumb **** because there is a way to use custom sounds and gfx online?? Does anyone else care!???!

:atat:

http://www.murtaza.tv

Originally posted by James

Why does this guy post the same thread twice? That is what I am wondering.

Jesus, why does everyone have to be so dim.

This is a different forum

I know that i can use my mods on non-pure server ect ect.

Thats not the point.

The point is: I've been playing jk2 tons, and i havent come across one non-pure server. I never get to enjoy all these good mods in online play.......

Can't raven seperate the files you cant cheat with; sounds, music, and possibly the graphics for light sabers.

I don't see how you could possibly cheat with any of these.

http://www.murtaza.tv

This may be a different forum, but everyone from this forum also go to the main editing forum.

As for your problem here are some solutions.

1) Get the server admin to download the stuff. That way the should work on his server.

2)Make your own little server add in some bots, and play like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Multiplayer editing can have really amazing results, look at halflife counterstrike and quake's jailbreak.... those are popular mods. I think the best mods that are made are good single player mods. That is why I'm getting into editing, to make interesting mods for singleplayer. Multiplayer I enjoy alot but going through my own little adventure is fun and rewarding. I can practically make my own game using this engine and changing somethings rather that starting from code and doing it all over from scratch... that's the point of editing......

Archived