Home

Lightsaber Skin

Darth Odisse

• 3 weeks later...

Well I feel like an idiot! Now I know what you meant, I just tried a skin using Luke's saber hilt, but with new textures. It's a no go!

Like you said, the 3D model itself shows up, but it completely ignores the new texture, even though the .jpg has been changed to the new texture...

For some reason, the game seems to load the original 'newsaber.jpg' found in 'assets0.pk3'. I've tried naming the new .jpg file 'saber' and 'newsaber', but nothing works. I even tried packing the .pk3 file with the path to Luke's saber, models/weapons2/luke_saber, but of course that only had the effect that the skin didn't show up at all.

I've tried locating some kinda .skin file for the sabers, but no luck.

Damn it! Now I need help too...

The texture file should still point towards lukes saber, only the .glm model needs to replace the one used in MP.

For example, my old .pk3 file (the one that didn't work) contained the following files (all from models/weapons2/saber_luke):

========================================

newsaber.jpg, new path-> "models/weapons2/saber"

model_w.glm, new path-> "models/weapons2/saber"

========================================

...with "newsaber.jpg" being the edited texture file, saved over the old one. Even if I changed it's name to "saber.jpg", it still wouldn't work. To get it right, I simply needed to place the texture file in Luke's saber directory. As in:

============================================

newsaber.jpg, new path-> "models/weapons2/saber_luke"

model_w.glm, new path-> "models/ weapons2/saber"

============================================

Rather logical really, since there is no .skin file present, one must assume that the .glm file itself contains information on wich texture file to use. So even if you "move" the model to the saber directory (thereby telling the game to use that model as the MP saber) it still looks towards the saber_luke directory when it searches for the texture file...

Phiew! I hope I'm making SOME sense between the ramblings...:p

Archived