Home

Mace Windu skin.

Arco

If anyone has noticed there is a mace windu skin up on jediknightii.net. It uses my skin as a base... well i shouldn't say that it is just my mace sundancer skin with a badly done new face. I have asked for it to be removed but it has not been done. Further more I have sent them my original skin several times now and still it has not been put up. It is my right to have them remove the windu skin as it is not a skin i want to have asociated with my name or indeed my work.

If the artist had sent me what he had done before blindly sending it off to jkii.net I would have probly been less upset. But still I wouldn't have allowed him to release the skin as it is below par and just uses my textures. I would have expected the jediknightii.net staff to have done something about this by now, but they haven't which is why I am posting here.

If anyone in power is listening please do something about this before I get very angry and stop sharing my work with this community.

Arco

Given that I am a skinner... I think I can offer my opinion on the subject...

Usually the user made skins are free grab to anyone as long as some reference is given. I have done it many times. I always have a section of references in my README's. On the page I am pretty sure there is an acknowledgement to you there. As long as he acknowledges you made the body, I think it should be fine.

yes I know he credited me. But a)why isn't my original up there? and b)you really do have to ask the person and show them what you have done. He didn't ask me if he could use it or release it in that way. So therefore I am the creator of the skin so it should be removed and my original version put up. I have been skinning for more than 2 years and so I know what is meant to be done, you have to ask permission. If people want the mace skin then by all means keep it there, but I would prefer my skin to be put up there and the guy to spend some time skinning instead of just making crap out of my good skin.

Archived