Home

map - Tatooine progress - 21 April

Tems

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

framerates are pretty good. r_speeds dont pass 8k last i checked. r_speeds are independant from system, but for framerates, ive got a 600EB P3 / 256 RDRAMM (yay rdramm) / GeForce 3 Ti 200. last i checked JK2 didnt support my dual proc setup, so i dont think that matters. not that it matters for framerates anyway i guess.

hey, does jk2 support dual procs? didn't think so.

-Tems

GREAT looking map, truely looks amazing.

However, here are some things Id add (though they may encounter technical difficulties, I admit that I have not done much mapping):

1. Lots of repeating textures which, while not bad (look at the original game :rolleyes: ), can detract a bit. Perhaps add some decals like cracks or other things. It will add to the size of the map, but Im sure most people can handel it ;)

2.Ok, I may be talking out of my ass here, but where those pipes go it, would it hurt to make little indentations? Make it look a little like the earth has corroded around them? Just a thought.

3. Again this might be too much, but you seem to be using a single texture for almost everything. Perhaps some variety? I know, making textures is a ***** (one thing I hate most about doing 3d is getting textures. Its always such a pain in the ass to get them to work right), but it would add so much... atmosphere ;)

Again, it looks amazing, you have some AWSOME architecture going on there, and I cant wait to see it done.

Now all we need are some good dueling maps...? ;)

toolboi: this actually started as a duel map. in fact i made it in the first place because my friend said JK had a lack of duel maps.

i know im using only a few textures. i will be adding decals. creating textures isnt a big deal for me and ill be making a few more, but mostly trim type stuff. tatooine simply is failr limited in appearance.

things im doing to break up the monotony:

-decals

-standing condesers

-wall hanging condensers (the things next to some peoples doors)

-cargo

-debris

-pipes

-equipment (maybe there just other forms of condensers that i keep seeing?)

I'm also doing work with the architecture to accent the texture work. you can see some of this on the bridge in the last picture with the light edges. im modelling it as closely as i can to tatooine w/o ruining gameplay. ive got some time yet before its released anyway, so there are still many plans in the works.

thanks for the feedback. as always its appreciated.

-Tems

Yeah i know about the 2 suns. If my skybox would decide to cooperate then itd be taken care of. For some reason my custom ut hasnt worked since i 'ported' the map from quake3. ive still got some shader work to do.

Yes im still working on the ATAT. it's looking better than ever. Thanks for asking. it's looking like it may be the most detailed ATAT i've seen in a game, as far as the brush work.

-Tems

Archived