Home

Tactful Addition to Saber Combat

Phr00t

If you're the kind of person who changes stances often in Duels, you will understand what I'm saying here.

You cannot queue up multiple stance attacks, or even chain stance CHANGES until your current attack is complete.

For example, attack once with the strong stance. Change to the light stance right after you attack. Hold attack after you change, while the swing is still moving.

Your player will perform two STRONG attacks, even if you've selected the light or medium stance.

To change stances, you must wait for your previous attack to completely finish, and your player will switch stances afterwards. It's possible to demonstrate it, attack, change stances and stop. Your player will move the saber to a new position AFTER your attack is finished. Blah, this needs to be fixed!

It should be possible to chain multiple stance attacks. For example, a downward strong attack (forward + attack) could be chained with a circular light or medium attack (forward+left/right+attack).

I dunno, I'm just venting.. I switch between Strong and Fast, and I'm tired of wanting to do a Fast attack and doing a Strong attack instead.

Your suggested concept sounds good.

However, if Your talking about switching to the next animation before the previous one is completed...doing that might look pretty strange (jerky movement etc)?

Sounds to me that might be the limitation...not being able to switch stance in the middle of animations?

If so, I'd say that is a pretty reasonable and valid limitation.

Remember that the moves are linked groups of animation, and breaking them up would mess up the sequence of frames.

Cheers

Jellybelly

I meant by queuing multiple stance attacks could be:

Attack once with Strong, switch to light and attack again. When the strong attack is finished, your player will execute a follow-up fast attack.

get what I mean? :D

Archived