Home

Can't load my map in JK2

Marauder Moe

So, I made my room, including a light and a player spawn. I compiled it, made sure it was saved in gamedata\base\maps, and then loaded up JK2 to test it.

I start a server, set sv_pure to 0, and then type "/devmap testroom1", but it can't find maps\testroom1.bsp even though I verified that it is indeed saved in that directory. Any ideas?

Thanks, I tireid it and the DOS window flashed for a sec then it was gone, i checked in my maps folder and my map is not there (not as a bsp atleast). All you do is hit "bsp_FullVis" ? Or is there something else i am not getting.

UsEr-X-:fett:

I had no trouble with compliling. I just hit the "Bsp" menu, went down to the bottom and selected "Bsp FullVis", a DOS window popped up, I waited for a little bit, then the window closed and my .bak and .bsp files were there in my base\maps\ directory.

I have no idea why yours isnt working.

So, does anyone have an answer to MY question?

hey,

i just did the basic quake3 two rooms and a character tutorial for QEradiant I think. I made a test.bsp map and when I tried to load it using:

"/sv_pure 0"

"/map test"

it didnt work

however, I redid that but replaced test with an original map name, then I tried doing it with test and it worked.

hope that helps. there is probably a way about getting around it but im not sure. this is in quake3 but im assuming it might work in jk2 also. ill soon find out

~* beau *~

Sorry Moe, no idea. Mine worked fine once I got it to compile. I didn't turn off pure server, just typed: map room2 and it loaded. To fix the bak problem I: got rid of the \\ in the base path and rootbasepath in the project settings options, then I copied the .map file into the maps folder before compiling and it worked. I don't know which of those worked but one of them does.

• 8 years later...

when i tried making my map it didnt work i used gtk radiant also make sure you select what gametype for single player or multiplayer coz if you dont you wont be able to play it plus you need to have pak space if you just wanna mess around on your map get a template.pk3 file form google or somthing open it with pak space now what you need to do is try and convert you .map file to bsp and put it in the map section of pak space a freind told me that all you need to get the map to work is the bsp file mu7wxs.jpg

hope this helped

Archived