Home

Personal Duels.

Zindell

One thing I can't stand is the unbalanced health in a duel. I think upon initiation of a duel people should start out with the exact same health. Maybe go with the game default of 100 life and 25 shield.

Because when you just win a good duel and your left with 100 health someguy can run up and challenge you with 200 shields and 100 life. Try as you might but if both people are decent players you know who's gonna win.

They only thing I see that could be a problem with this is that It could end up being a cheap way to heal on NF servers. People initiate a duel and then break it right away and they have replenished they're health. But if some how it could be made that if a duel is broken they go back to they're original health it would be great. Or if that can't be done than maybe they player with the most health should have his health balanced with the lower person's health. then there would be no way to perform a cheap heal.

I'm sorry if something like this has been posted already, I'm sure it probably has but didn't include the healing aspect.

What does everyone else think of this? Would you prefer having the duels start with an equal amount of health so that it'S always an equal match. Or do you like it the way it is because sometimes you have the upper hand?

You know...when you think about it...that's not a bad idea to give the winner their default health/shields back. :)

For one thing, it would give more of an incentive for saberists to enter into more duels, rather than getting stuck in a group of 5 or 6 with everyone twirling and slashing like crazy. I don't care what you say...it's near impossible to keep an eye on every player and offer a counter-move. It turns into a slashing match, where you score a lucky hit...and then you get sabered in the back by the player you never knew was there. That's fair enough if you enjoy that sort of thing, but more thoughtful duels seem to work best between 2 or 3 people at a time.

If the winner of a duel could be assured that they could regain their default health/shields...then they would have, as you say, a fighting chance against a gunner waiting for the duel to end to kill the winner.

So that would negate the possibility of people going into duel mode and coming straight back out again with full health/shields...only the winner of the duel would be given that bonus, forcing the saberists to fight.

Archived