Home

Raven Screwed us over

UsEr-X-

Well looks like Raven screwed us over... I have just been trying to create a simpe "box" map and I got to the point where I insert a playerstart entity or whatever, and there is no selection for it. I guess raven screwed something up when they made the JK2Radiant... Heres pics, and if you know whats wrong please post it cause I have talked to a lot of people who are getting the same thing.

pic1.JPG

pic12.JPG

Thanks,

UsEr-X-:fett:

Ah, so you DON'T know why my map won't load in-game. ;)

But anyway, have you tried closing and re-loading JK2Radient since you changed the MP_entities path? Thats what I had to do before I could place a player spawn.

edit: also, why is it "STARWA~2" in your path instead of "STARWA~1"?

I was having this problem too. I found I had to go to load project and there are 2 project files, one for single player maps and one for multiplayer, I loaded the multiplayer project file and that seemed to load the entity defs for me and then they showed up in the right click menu.

Yep, you need an "info_player_start" entity not a "worldspawn" entity to spawn into the level. Try compiling it with one of these. If there's still a problem, tell us...

[Edit]

Okay, I just read another thread with a post by you, and your entity list isn't showing up in the right click menu. You need to do what ZDawg said and load the MP (or SP, depending on what kind of level you want) project file. To do this, go to File, then Load Project. The project files are located in the Tools directory (the same directory JK2Radiant executable itself is in). Then the entity list should appear in the right click menu.

Archived