Home

Kung Fu

XxWinnaRxX

I, personally, don't have JO yet. Still, I was a bit dissappointed when a friend, who DOES have JO, informed me that there is no empty-handed combat in JO, excepting a cheap little MotS style jab-jab-jab/cross...cross...cross option in single player.

That should not stand. C'mon, Jedi are flexible, agile, and hyperkinetic, I'd expect them to have more ability with lightsaber-free brawling.

Mod idea:

1)If you get knocked down, you drop whatever weapon you're holding except the lightsaber.

2)You get the M4D KuNG F00 SK1LLz from Oni

a.Directional punches and kicks

b.Running punches and kicks

c.Nifty agility button (rolls, flips, slides)

d.Throws (standing and running)

e.Disarms

(special moves omitted)

f.Blocking

Who likes the idea?

It may be a bit unnecessary, what with lightsabers and all, but shouldn't every game have kung fu? :)

Imagine - someone has a gun of some sort, you give them a good running jump-kick, which knocks them over and sends their weapon flying. You pull out lightsabers and start dueling, he disarms you with an Aikido move, like Shihonage, and you de-saber him by grabbing his wrist and punching him in the gut with your free hand. You try to attack with the saber, but he floor-sweeps your feet out from under you, grabs your saber, and throws it into a wall. You then get up and start kung-fuing.

Why wouldn't that be awesome?

Well, I see where you're coming from.

LOL about you being in kung fu. I believe you, that's not what I'm laughing at. What I'm laughing about is that while kung fu isn't like it is on TV, Aikido, which I am a student of, is almost exactly like them thar Steven Segal movies. Lucky me.

I'm completely new to JO/Q3 editing, and you know what they say about newbies - they have no fears. Tell them to run through a brick wall and they'll do it.

I haven't got a clue about how JO works. I made a JK version of this once, but I never released due to a MASSIVE lack of keyframes.

Thanks for agreeing that that would be OMGL33T.

The second I get JO, I'll see how one would make what I said.

FU@k the matrix... that movie is OVER PLAYED... Why turn something thats allready good into something pop culture....

first of all the matrix was DECENT... not GOOD just decent... THE FIRST TIME!!! now you may think the effects were cool/revolutionary

(which you should also note, DOESN'T MAKE A MOVIE GOOD!@#@!#!#).... but i dont see people running around trying to make terminator 2 mods to quake3/JO (mind you those were revolutionary special effects back then) .. and this darth maul stuff has to stop.. someone make a DECENT maul skin and get it over with.. WE ONLY NEED 1!!!! *(oh and HES not all that cool either, hes so short) Kung fu??!? that would be neat.. but 5 bucks (im cheap) says that mod will NEVER come out... its just too damn complicated... and have you ever played a game with a HALF decent kung fu system? (besides jackie chans action kung fu on 8 bit nintendo) THE ANSWER IS NO!... sorry about this post i just get so annoyed when i see the word "matrix"

Nah, Kyle doesn't really strike me as the "Kung Fu" type. Hand-to-hand would be extremely cool, but not in the overly-used Hollywoodized Martial Arts craze that seems to be sweeping the nation.

Man, if only this game brought that swashbuckling, barfight-type mentality... Lots of cross-punches, uppercuts, jabs, hard kicks, throws, grappling moves. Man, that'd rock.

Heh.. But then they'd have to devise a whole new control scheme just for bare-handed fighting! For a 'saber and gun game, I guess that was a little too unfeasable.

Oh well.

But don't forget about the Lighting Punch Super Trick!

I like the idea of knockdowns tossing your weapon away. I think making it random depending on the weight of the weapon would be cool. The lightsaber should also drop, if not more rarely than say a Repeater, but when you stand up you should automatically summon the saber back to your hand.

Prodigal

Peace.

Walking up walls and watching Cowheads and Stormies go "WTF" while you do it is so fun.

It'd be better if you could walk up their faces though.

I'm learning that explosive weapons own...especially on higher difficulty levels. Push/Pull are WAY more useful than I thought too.

Guest Forceflow

Kung Fu.... *thinks* would be cool, but in the end you most likely wouldn't be able to pull it off. It's too hard to control I think.

in JK1 it was solely punches. In JO you can do kicks if you have at least level 2 of jump.

I like killing people solely with jump (as I liked punching in JK1), its very fast, but it takes a long time to kill someone when they have heal. I've even bound a key to say "dragon style kung fu" whenever I kill someone solely with kicks and saber not lite. :)

ARG! i think the only to styles of martial arts people can get into there tiny brains is "karate" and "kung-fu"..i may be one in 300,000 people who think this but THAT IS ANNOYING! (people who take martial arts may know what i'm talking about) ANYWAY, if you have ever taken martial arts you would find it very very hard to incorperate moves and counter-moves to everything..it would practiaclly have to be virtual reality. On the other hand they SHOULD put some new moves in other then one special for each style :mad: make things just a tad cooler, like the no handed sommersaults the reborn, i rather kip up then matrix style get up (blah!) etc etc etc ok i'll shut up now :D

Originally posted by Hiteche5

Ever play the Kung Fu edition for Max Payne? They did it right...cool moves and it does the bullet time thing perfectly with the kung fu moves. Just quipping

There's a Kung Fu edition of Max Payne? Where can i get it? WHERE CAN I GET IT?

Damn... I hope it's for PC...

yea its harder to put martial arts into games but a decent coder can handle it......with ghoul 2 and per poly hit detection it should flow nicely, and some sort of targeting would have to be implimented so that if you do throws etc.... it actually throws the guy u want.......

Yes the mod is for the PC or your current Max Payne game. You can get it on fileplanet or follow the maxPayne linw at 3dactionplanet. It is really cool doing the lui Kang dragon kick in slowmo. For your special moves it automatically goes into slomo too.

Yo, dudes... I KNOW I saw the maker of that Max Payne mod posting on this site once...even had some kind of picture. I remember, because that's how I found out about the Max Payne mod. I THINK it was him, at least. And I haven't been able to find that post, and the picture again! Don't remember where it was! :(

Gosh. Why not just put a lightsaber in Oni?

Go watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Check out the fights they do. Watch the hand techniques....watch the foot techniques. If you're watching the same movie I saw, you should see lots of traps, blocks, and reversals. That's Kung Fu.

Now, how A) easy and B) cool would that be to A) control or B) witness, from a 3rd person perspective? Or even a 1st person?

Archived