Home

making windows in Jk2Radiant?

PurplWulf

ok, I really hate doing this, but I'm having a small dilemna with the quake3 style editing.

I'm used to using H2ed (another radiant program) for mapping and to make a semi-transparent window you simply select a flat texture that has the color glass you want, then hit "S" to bring up the surface properties and select "transparent" and "nodraw" and boom, you have a lovely glass like window.

I've gone thru all the tutorials I can find on the web and nowhere does it mention how to get transparent glass for windows in the Q3 editors (at least that I can find)

I assume it's done with shaders now?

I've never worked with Shaders and all the tutorials I've found are greek to me.

can anyone gimme a clue as to make a transparent glass texture to a brush?

the purple one

LMAO yeah

what a joy :rolleyes:

I kept hearing about shaders but I didn't think I'd have to learn them for just making a simple map to see how the editor worked, but apparently if I want even the simplest effect I'll have to learn them.

at the moment I'm just trying to recreate a section of a map to see if:

1. I can do it

2. I can get it usable

3. I can use this editor and actually create something that's playable (r_speeds etc...)

it's gonna take me a long time to get used to the changes and the size difference.

I do have another question though, I loaded the MP project file for my map but when I try to add an entity it says the list for MP is empty. I know I installed to the proper directly because the SP project works fine. Am I doing something wrong? and if so, how can I fix it?

the purple one

Archived