Home

About that Jedi/No Jedi discussion...

TamoraMagellan

I thought I would write the stuff here rather than on the over full thread...

Give the poor guy Roger a slack will ya? I mean, christ, it's his mod idea. I remember Gooseman, which all of you should know about by now ;), saying that he was doing a modification for himself. The MOD that he wanted to play. Now look at it, is it successful or what?

I mean, of course he have listened to the fans but ultimately he has of course decided for himself what will/will not be in the mod. And it turned out well, or what do you say?

Now to my point, I have been a modleader in some projects, and you know what? The most frustrating thing that you could get rubbed in the face with is the non-acceptance of the BASIC rules that actually stands as the pillars for the whole consruction. I got really angry when I read this thread about jedi/non-jedi, while also seeing the attitude in the messages (that at least one person apologized about) that were very unprofessional. This kinda critisism is something that can get a mod-maker on their knees.

As for the non-jedi descition in the MOD, it really surprises me that actually that few of you in the thread understands this.

As Roger has explained, it is going to let you play in those wonderful Stormtroopers VS Rebels situtation where there were no Jedi with lightsabers. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of them that LOVES the Jedi fights in Star Wars and in the Jedi Knight games. But you got to understand that this isn't all there is about Star Wars. It's a piece of the cake, though the BIGGEST piece of course, since the story is wrapped around this mystical phenomenon, I have Jedi Outcast, which is a truly wonderful game, and to use the lightsaber is like the most wonderful experience I have ever experienced in a FPS. But what Roger is kind enough to offer you is a cool CS-like game in the Star Wars universe.. This could be great. Otherwise, there will be loads of mods for you lightsaber freaks out there :).

As an experienced mod-maker, some friends and I are going to create almost the same thing actually. This was thought about long before Jedi Outcast was officially announced and I will finish this MOD, be it for Jedi Outcast, Unreal 2003,, or maybe even as an actual game developer,,, if I get the license that is ;).

We have already the site almost finished,, though not hosted,,, yet. And we have started modeling for the game. Just to show you that I'm serious the site will be put up soon, and I will paste the link in this forum. Not hard to remember since it will be similar to Rebel Strike...

finally (scrolling up, sh*t this is getting long) I would say that I can, in one way, understand all of you guys who wants a lightsaber in the mod. Because that feature in Jedi Outcast ROCKS! But this aint no saber-game guys so give the Guy a hand instead of dissin' him 'aight?.

Roger, if you want to talk to me about the mod and how the production is going, and a possible alliance, then write me: (I think the e-mail should be tied to this mess, somewhere but..)

error_head@hotmail.com

I know im probably a bit of a hippocrit (Hey, the world is run by them) but what TamoraMagellan said is the right attitude. I originally believed Jedi should be included (Although I said the decision was Roger's) but I was converted to believing jedi shouldn't be Roger and others. The clincher though was that another team are making this mod with jedi. So if a team based mod with jedi is being made, why are people arguing that this mod should have them as well, especially if the developer doesn't want them.

I have also heard Roger argue plenty of times that he never said no jedi, just that it would originally be without jedi.

Btw, how i this mod progressing? And how much will the MOD CENTRAL poll affect your decision?

CHIVS:atat:

Thanx for your comments =).

I would primarily like to say that the poll or anything else wont change my decision about the basic rules of the mod. To inclide Jedi or not is quite a big decision in gameplay after all and no poll could ever make me change my mind about that =).

I think that the most important thing when making a mod is that you should NOT under any circumstances change your basic rules or gameplay in the mod, just because a certain amount of people likes you to. After all, there is no point in making a game if you don't like the gameplay yourself, right?

About the mod in progress, I can only say that it's in full planning and early development stages. We need a programmer, and a mapper. Both experienced in mod making or other that fulfills the general demands of a skilled person in that area.

I promise you that when we have the site put up (I got an offer today) I will post the link here,, and it will probably be on the news of modcentral.

Meanwhile, if there is any help that you think you can offer this team, I would be glad if you mail me and I will, at my best, try to respond as fast as I can.

Again- error_head@hotmail.com

thanx,

OK, wait Im alittle confused now, are you two banding together to form one giant superMOD with the ability to... *dum dum dum*

...DESTROY AN ENTIER PLANET!?

Or atleast the social life of a hell of alot of people. Or are there two mods with the same type of basic gameplay in mind?

Archived