Home

wonderful mp experience

steeef

after playing on numerous ffs servers, i finally found one i really enjoyed playing on. i won't say which, since i don't want everyone flooding it.

almost all the servers i've played on annoy me to some extent. i prefer to use the lightsaber exclusively, so i get tired pretty quick with servers that have all weapons enabled. i don't whine though. i usually just try to find a saber-only server. even so, many of the ffs saber servers have their own share of problems. mostly it's a mob of people swinging their sabers around trying to hit something. boring. i try to challenge people to duels, but a lot of times they're uninterested or too dumb to realize what's going on.

anyway, i found this 8-person server with the admin actively playing on it. when your saber is off, no one is allowed to attack you. likewise, you can't attack anyone (force counts as attacking, obviously). even though it was ffs, it was a lot like a duel server, with everyone else having their sabers off and watching the duelers. but we were free to fight on our own if we wished. a lot of courteous people on there as well. after every duel, we'd complement each other.

playing on this server has been the most satisfying mp experience i've had yet, and i hope it stays open.

Don't worry. The lamers that go there don't last long. The admins have chosen a few players that have been there a while and made them moderators - all are trustworthy and love the server the way it is. It is quite well watched, don't worry about that.

I was thinking about posting my list.

But my fear of extending that info into the random public might invite more trouble makers than it would those that want to be part of the positive experience.

Email me personally if your interested, ill tell you about a cool server.

The best time I've had so far was in the Yavin level, where we all gathered in the center and watched each other duel.

Those waiting, would stand on the columns and make comments; If anyone wanted a "free for all" they went to the outer areas and "went at it".

Duels always finished with a "gf" or "good one"...everyone was a good sport, winning or losing. There was no sneering, no invisibility skins, no "U suX d00d"!

It was all about the skill.

M.

ooooo...secret.. J/K of course. Anyway, if I want to duel, I go to a duel server. Simple as that. FFA is exactly that. I used to play exclusively Duel servers until I got a little tired of dueling for hours on end and wanted to try something a little different. So I went to one of the many Saber only Jedi Master lvl force servers out there. Now previously I had hated servers with Force powers enabled because I had always tried to have fun with just the light side, but this time I just said screw it and loaded myself up with lightning and drain. Lemme tell ya, that was the most fun I have had playing this game. Running into a group of people and spraying them all with lightning. A few would die right there since they had been fighting already. After the lighting I put my saber skills (which I have pretty much perfected on the duel servers) to use and took out a few more people, draining for health as I needed. So now I like FFA and Duel games. Still don't care much for CTF in this game, though.

Archived