Home

Unidentified jump/flip/spin?

Reiven

You list many nice jumps but coolest one is missing, as english is not my first language, its difficult to describe the jump/flip/whatever it is, but I see my opponents (in single player) do it all the time.

Its like spinning round your head-legs-axis while body is horizontally positioned in mid-air. It reminds me of some capoeira jump ( http://dns.advnet.net/allan/escovinha/L-Mari6.mpg quite similar jump in here) and darth maul did excatly the same jumping in episode 1 when fighting 2 jedis. What Im asking is if the jump is possible to do ingame (and how)?

Jiri

I know the jump you're talking about. Let me start by saying that most of the moves seen in Episode 1, while impressive to look at, are not really effective fight moves. They are mostly adapted from ballet. Whoever did the stunt work for Darth Maul was clearly an accomplished dancer. That said, I don't know of any move like that in the game. There are really only 4 jumps you can do: straight up with no flipping, forward or reverse flip, side flip, and wall rebound flip.

I can't descibe them, I've just done them in the heat of battle. The jumps change as your defence forces level grow. They happen while using the atack+direction+jump keys...

I've done some wierd things in battle that I have no idea how I did them, I just sat here and watched LOL, and I can't repeat them for screenshots either I've tried! ;)

~Nomad~

Actually, it's not "obvious" that Darth Maul is played by a "dancer", nor the stunts are dervied from dancing moves. The move described exists in different forms of martial arts, capoeira and wushu are the once that I know off hand. In wushu, this move is an extension from butterfly, and it's called butterfly twist. This move has been incorporated into forms, even with bo staff, swords, etc.

Archived