Home

laying down cheaters ...

OPP

everyone knows about the cheat/bug where you can lay down and look like you're dead right? well some guy was doing it tonite. pretty much its just like you're a corpse, but you can see everything around you and get up if you want.

anyway what he was doing that was annoying was, laying there like a corpse and then gripping and throwing. its hard to counter, because he's laying on the ground and you have to spin down etc....

anyone else encountered this?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen it.

I also saw a guy laying down not moving at all so that he looked like a corpse - when someone got near him he would whip out the rocket launcher for a one hit kill. Totally lame.

I know how to do the laying down thing (but I never use it on public servers - it's totally lame). It's not a bug or a cheat - more like a console function being used for something for which it was never intended.

These guys tick me right off.

Best advise I can give is post a message to warn the guy to stop doing it (which also lets everyone else in the server know what he's up to). After that, if he keeps it up, initiate a vote to have him kicked.

DA :rolleyes:

I know how to do that laying down thing.

Its funny to do it just to do it, but I would never use it as a cheap advantage to kill someone. I play for honour.

It is fun to get on the ground and start break dancing for sh1ts n giggles.

Me and a few people on a server where doing this last night, it was really hilarious flying around just laying down. People were using it to get kills? Hrmmm. You couldnt even hit people with the saber out lying down, only if they were right on top of you, and we were just doing it for a laugh. its not a hack or anything, LOL.

The laying down trick is not accomplished using a cheat, it is mearly a set of console commands. Therefor, this "cheat death" program would be useless to eliviate this sort of thing.

I really dont see this is as that big of a problem.

If you see someone using this to kill people, just roll your eyes and feel sorry for them.

That is pretty funny to see. Before long, everyone will have this laying down script and it will either become a part of the game, or there will be a patch preventing it. You can't trust teams in competative play to just 'not use it'. :D

What's the big deal, even if this is a bug?

You could do this in Unreal/UT (It was built in). Of course you couldn't actually FIGHT while you were feigning death.

Just shoot bodies you see with the Repeater or the Flechette.

I would think if anything they'd be a much wider target lying down than standing up with their saber out!

; )

The issue is that they can move while they are lying down. This makes life difficult for those of us competing on team ladders.

Sure, we can make rules about preventing it, but we have to know about it first and then report it.

It's just a pain in the a$$. Also when, I'm trying to sneak in to make a cap, I don't want to go shooting up the place and let them know I'm coming.

The last bit is it can take up to a minute for a body to disappear. After a rush to grab the flag there can be a lot of bodies lying about. If someone did this in the middle of that you could have up to a minute to wait and grab the flag or kill defenders. This wouldn't be a problem IF it were a feature in the game, but as of now it is not. Until Raven makes it one we kind of have to view it as an exploit.

Originally posted by Fyunch Click

The issue is that they can move while they are lying down. This makes life difficult for those of us competing on team ladders.

Sure, we can make rules about preventing it, but we have to know about it first and then report it.

It's just a pain in the a$$. Also when, I'm trying to sneak in to make a cap, I don't want to go shooting up the place and let them know I'm coming.

The last bit is it can take up to a minute for a body to disappear. After a rush to grab the flag there can be a lot of bodies lying about. If someone did this in the middle of that you could have up to a minute to wait and grab the flag or kill defenders. This wouldn't be a problem IF it were a feature in the game, but as of now it is not. Until Raven makes it one we kind of have to view it as an exploit.

agreed

yeah i know how it works

u have to ........, its not really usefull, cos they can hit u same as b4 (same boxes) and bodies dont normally have sabres out n e way , i just use it while moving to have a slidey race with friends, fuuuuun fuuuuuuun

:)

edit: took out how, cos sum ppl are lamers and i dont want to come across a server full of ppl laying down waiting for me to run by

So you're suggesting that everytime you come across a corpse, you shoot the corpse to ensure that he is not alive, in turn wasting ammo if he is actually dead? I don't like that :|

But it has that cool disintigratation effect! Besides, what's one shot?

Well I'm sure if Raven thinks it's a serious enough problem, they'll address it in their patch that's sure to come out eventually.

Archived