Home

Forcing Protocol based skin to use Humaoid animations for MP play?

jp-30

Hi,

Had my first play with the editing tools last knight. Skinning is my main interest.

To get used to JO (I've only edited JK in the past), I copied C3PO to a new directory, renamed everything TC14, and coloured the 3PO JPGs to silver.

That all worked fine. Now I'm wondering, seeing C3PO is a non-playable character, how to go about applying the humanoid animations to my TC14 so it can be used in MP mode. Can it even be done?

If I can get that going OK, then I'll attempt to replace the few existing "protocol" animations (idle, death, walk) in a hybrid humanoid/protocol animation file.

Anyway, can anyone help me force a protocol skin to use the humanoid animation sequence? Or has anyone seen a MP C3PO skin in use that I can examine?

jp-30

:c3po:

in order for it to work, the model needs to be recompiled using the _humanoid bone structure. Unfortunately no one seems to eb having any luck getting ANY model to use the _humanoid bone structure. Until Raven speaks out and tells us how to "decompile" their precious glm models, I don't think you will be able to recompile them. Your protocol droid has 54 bones, and the MP characters have 72 or something. -- keep watching the forums, as hopefully someone will tell us how to do it...

would be nice if we could have a tool that would allow us to convert FROM glm to md3 or xsi (even better =P )

Thanks for the help there!

Might as well abandon that until a new utility is released, I guess.

I take it we can't even do simple stuff that we used to do in JK until these tools are released...

...like using wordpad to replace Kyle's head (or whoever) with the cybot's (protocol) head.

:(

Archived