Home

Do I Just Suck, Or What?

Burrellio

When i fight in mp i fight and get hits but they never die after maybe 10 hits or more and i die in like 1 from them. And the only force powers i ever have in mp is push and pull while they are using grip, mind trick, etc. I mean wtf. help me plz.:confused:

Originally posted by Burrellio

When i fight in mp i fight and get hits but they never die after maybe 10 hits or more and i die in like 1 from them. And the only force powers i ever have in mp is push and pull while they are using grip, mind trick, etc. I mean wtf. help me plz.:confused:

I'm going to guess you're referring to sabre vs sabre fights, probably on a FFA (Free For All) server. You also probably play at some gaming cafe and don't have access to the manual (I wouldn't pay A$95 for it either) which doesn't make things any easier.

Just because you're swishing that cool-looking light sabre around it doesn't mean your hitting your opponent. Remember, you don't know everything, and before you complain, I don't either but I think I know a little bit more than you. An integral part is blocking which is simply getting your sabre between his one and any parts of you that you don't want minced. Don't worry too much about it, its mostly automatic. Which leads me to the answer regarding force powers.

You only have push and pull? It sounds like you need to assign/configure force powers. Under the player menu (the one where you choose your name, appearance, sabre colour, etc) there is the ability to configure force powers, click it. A new screen comes up. Choose your dark side powers (which I'm guessing you'd prefer) and choose your powers, left click to add levels to the chosen power, right click to drop levels. Near the top, it should tell you how many points you have left over. The changes should take place when you next respawn.

And the answer to the topic question. Yeah, you do suck but you will get better. And one other tip, there will be tactics that you believe are cheap and just plain dirty but there are ways to beat all of them.

Everything CBrate said and more. I know alot of n00bs think I cheat cause I don't die after hitting me 4-5 times and throwing lightning as well. But the truth is I just use Level 3 Force Heal alot. Trust me, most veteran players can counter/deal with it easily. In general, for every force/tactic there is a weakness. You just need experience.

So, yes. For now, you do suck :D

Everyone does at first.

Can't add anything new here......except that skills grow with experience. All of us start off at a stage where we get gripped, pushed, and dropped off the ledge for the umpteeth time. Players are at a constant rate of improvement, however (I know I am). And eventually you'll get the hang of it (revenge by pushing back cheap grippers tastes so sweet :D ), especially on saber/saber combat, where you'll find all the small details to bring you to victory.

In any case, keep it up!

2 things:

1. Heal: Heal heals, not much more I can say. You can hit a million times and they can keep healing.

2. collision detection: Because the saber goes through them does not mean it hits. This game has a$$-tacular collision detection (in MP, SP kicks major ass :D ).

Archived