Home

Blocking saber throw and saber defence

Prime

I was in a game last night and I was having a difficult time blocking saber throws. I had level 3 saber defence and I was using yellow medium stance. I was facing at my opponent as well.

What are the important things I need to do to block this attack? Do I need to be standing still, or can I be moving?

I guess I might extend this question to what are the important things in saber defence in general? Is it important to not me moving in this case? Any insight you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

duck!

The best way to block a saber throw is to stand still and crouch. Many times the saber is thrown at your feet anyway, so that may be why you couldn't block it. This is only if its thrown directly at you. If they don't throw it directly at you, try to keep your eye on the saber (turn to face it if you have to) so that you can block/dodge it. This is only if you are trying to be defensive...if not, then throw your saber at them or charge them instead, heh!

It doesn't matter if the saber is aimed at your feat or head - the chance to block it is equal. The best way to block a flying saber is to, first and foremost, being facing it, and just be holding the saber. For those tricky ones that go behind you, flip around to block it. Or if you're feeling pretty, back flip.

Archived