Kyle in coat

i just wanted to get some input on him

should i add shades?

i dont think they fit into the SW world, so i didnt do it yet

erm and i'd like to get him into the game just to see what he looks like

i've imported him into 3dsmax and deleted the mid and low detail levels

but i didnt modify the bones...

can the game read greyscale jpegs?

oh and another thing that would be important...

is it possible to add new bones to the skeleton to animate the trenchcoat?

i havent done any moddeling or animations for a q3 game so i dont know...

but i think you could copy the skeleton, add the bones and then add the coat animations to each animation...

hm.. you need softimage to do it, right?

damn never used it and i think i cant afford to buy it just to do anims for JK2...

is it worth the buy?

you cant add extra bones in jedi knight2 because they changed the system of quake3's md3, to glm, and this makes it troublesome for many, as u cant add custome animations... well u can.. only if you have softimage XSI, a very expencive program.. about $35000+

just leave the trench coat without adding any animations, it will still look pretty good with the current anumations...jsut add a slit in the back ofthe coat so that when kyle does a wall flip etc... it doesnt look like the coat is stretching.....(a slit like most trench coats have ill send u a pic of u dont know what i mean..) but great model release him soon please :)

Originally posted by gonk-raider

There are plenty of "expensive" programs out there that can be obtained for 0 dollars :) how do you think some of these are being made :p

yeh i know that, but still, that should be a LAST resort... and in just a case of editing a model, it shouldnt be needed... maybe if you make a dinosaur model,a nd cant get helpf orm some1 that already has it, or somehting.. i guess it would be okey... but i dont think we should say these things here..:D

Archived