Home

Is there really any use to blue style in dueling?

Ten Tigers

I like how quick the blue style is but it just doesnt seem that effective at all. Dueling or otherwise. Ive given people four or five licks in a row with the blue style and wound up getting waxed either by perpetual gunfire, or 1-3 well placed hits from yellow or red styles.

If anyopne has anything useful to add, Im all ears. I would really like to use blue style for something other than gun deflection. It would make my dueling game more interesting too.

Any tactics or techniques will be appreciated.

Okay, I'm fairly new to the game, but I have a few cunning tricks that occasionally work.

Have your switch style button really close to hand (mine is ALT and I use wasd) so you can switch quickly. Most of the time blue is fairly pants, but the forward lunge is a great surprise attack, so sometimes a quick change to blue, lunge, then back to another style can get a good hit in. Also, the back stab is very stylish :)

I use blue like 60% of all time. If you max out saber defense then it's really hard to get hit in blue (provided you don't swing like mad) I usually just block block block ... attack and they either get killed or run into my saber and get killed (yeah this happens often!) You still need to run from DFA though.

Blue only works on some people. With Blue you have to be extremely aggressive, and if they're used to controlling the pace of the fight they won't know how to handle it. The blue stance can kill people VERY quickly if you know what you're doing, it just takes practice.

Blue's best uses (IMHO)

- Defending against gun fire (I've blocked barrages of Imp Repeater fire with this (not alt fire, reg fire)

- Getting a quick attack in, usually the thrust

- Killing someone who likes to set the pace by just getting tons of small hacks in while dodging around.

- Backstab, the light back stab is a lot quicker than the other two styles back attacks. However, it does lack in range (from side to side).

- Looking damn stylish. Blue and Yellow have a ton of acrobatic/cool looking moves, so if you use Blue, go out to be flashy, and switch to Yellow every now and then for it's flip attack. You may die, but you'll look good doing it. (Or look like a fool)

I use Light a fair amount, mostly it's good for changing up, and the lunge can be absolutely vicious if you hit the person right (Like 3-4 hits vicious, near 1 shot 1 kill. Don't know how that happened, but I heard 4 distinct hits one time when I lunged. 1 as the saber went in, 2 as it went up, and then my model seemed to bop the person in the head with the blade for the 4th and killing strike).

Hmm...

It sounds like I will have to work on my blue lunge then.

I had a thought before going to bed lastnight. Combo a right or left diagonal slash into a backward stab. Has anyone thought of or tried this. It seems like it would be more useful against someone who doesnt run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. The principle is you literaly step through someone with the diagonal slash and immediately press back and slash to go into the backstab.

Just wondering because I have seen the blue lunge and the red DFA comboed in similar fashions.

Archived