Home

This is happening to a lot of ppl, please help...

ScSa316

it seems after a map change it`ll freeze my comp and most of my friend, i seen other posts, ppl say its ur comp, its not.. i know a lot of ppl this happend to already so its some sort of bug in game, can someone patch this plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did a total reinstall and played without mods and i can say nothing to do with mods here for sure... truly ****ed up... caus it worked like a charm before that new dedicated patch were released...also uninstalled my viaagp drivers. not that either... poor guys at raven lol this is really strange

Just wanted to say that it happens to me also. Some servers I can switch maps with no problem and some servers it just freezes my computer when there is a map switch. If it switches once without freezing that server has no problems as long as I play it. Some will freeze on any map switch, which is real annoying if you join right at a map switch...time to reboot.

This is my first post on this board. I registered to try to find a fix for the freezing. So, if anyone has any input it would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Yup, I've had that problem too! I emailed support about it and they just sent me a standard FAQ about performance issues...now , obviously enough people are having this problem that it is not a pc problem! Let's see a patch already! I hate rebooting time after time.

I read in another post yesterday that if you press escape as soon as a match ends it can prevent the freezeup. Haven't tried it myself but i will tonight, i too am really getting sick of this. Although i don't have to reboot after it freezes like most of you do, i just ctrl-alt-delete and end task on jk2 and i'm back in windows.

Just wanted to say that I did three things tonight and I haven't had a lockup yet, and I used to lock alot. I don't know which of the three did it, but here it is.

1) Intalled Omega's newest drivers (if you have an 8500) that just came out today - 30s for my ME system.

2) Removed the lightning saber pk3 from my /base folder.

3) Only play FFA games on servers with FFA maps and CTF games with CTF maps. I heard in another forup that the FFA games on CTF maps can cause the problem and vice versa.

I've been playing for hours and no problems yet.

It doesnt seem to have anything to do with the mods at all after my tiny testing... atleast on the client side. nothing to do with ctf maps or ffa maps here atleast all is ****ed up... duel...ffa whatever.

I ask for fun how once in a while on the server how many knows about this bug. and most of the times they have experienced it LOL

so i dont dare to imagine how many thousands of ppl got this bug.

all i can say raven good luck and i really hope u got the force on this one!

Archived