Home

To Many Duel maps...

YoDa2k2

theres to many duel maps! not that they suck or anything i actualy like some of them.. but i hate the duel game type! saber dueling in MP sucks IMO cuz like 90% of the people use heavy saber and then its relly all about luck, but to all those that use light or med saber stance i salute you! the bots use heavy saber to mutch as well! but thats a different topic... what my point is that please make more ffa/ctf maps!

there's probably a reason for that though, A small duel map doesn't need much structurally, basically all you NEED for a duel map is an arena to fight in, and a couple spawn points, so those maps will be completed much quicker than ffa maps which require multiple rooms (usually), weapon and item placement, secrets, multiple levels to navigate in order to add strategy. Not to mention a larger ffa map needs more lighting, and compile and vis time.

I'm sure after people have had time to make quality ffa/ctf maps we'll start seeing alot more available for download.

the purple one

Then you'll ne happy to know that my map, which was meant to be a duel map, most probably will be a FFA. Simply since it seems it's going to be way to big for a Duel map. Although I'm planning to make it into a fuel map as well...

to my knowledge, nobody knows how to impliment bot routes, or if they do, they are apparently keeping that info to themselves.

Raven has said (supposedly) that they'll release a "how to" on adding bot routes when they do the next release of the toolkit with updates and fixes.

I've posted on 3 different JKII editing forums, as have many others, and nobody has offered a single viable solution to adding bot routes.

if you tell me it can be done and point me in the right direction, I'll happily add bot routes to any maps I make.

the purple one

Agreed on both counts. Half of these duel maps that are being released are merely people getting used to the editor and the others are just done first because it's much easier to generate a square with some cool stuff in it than it is to make an dm map. Making a dm map isn't hard in itself but it has to work well and be fun and that takes a longer to work out on paper. Don't worry, FFA maps are coming

Archived