Home

"The Newbie Punisher"

JediGhost[SITH]

Alright all you server admins, have I got one heck of a treat for you!

DESCRIPTION:

This move, if used properly, will throw your opponent (who is a newbie your punishing) up into the air as HIGH as possible, INSTANTLY. and will pull them back to the ground INSTANTLY, making them die. If not after 1 try, then 2 tries. The first try will bring them to 4 HP, and the 2nd... death.

Here's how:

You will need 3 keys to bind.

BIND THE FIRST KEY:

rcon "force_throw;g_gravity 999999999999"

(thats 12 9's by the way)

BIND THE SECOND KEY:

rcon "g_gravity 99999999"

(that's 8 9's by the way)

BIND THE THIRD KEY:

rcon "g_gravity 800"

HOW TO USE:

Approach your newbie within a PUSHING range. hit your FIRST binded key. You will push them, they will instantly fly up. Hit your SECOND key, they fall down. If they do not die, hit your FIRST key again, and then hit your SECOND key. After they are dead, hit your THIRD to return gravity to normal.

I would advise you do this as quickly as possible, if your gravity is 999999999999 or 99999999, 1 slight fall or nudge can kill anyone.

NOTE TO ADMINS USING THIS:

Do not over-use it. It can be tempting and deadly! Only use it on those who are annoying the hell out of the players on your server.

Post any questions.

EDIT:

oh and if any1 can think of a way to bind this ALL to 1 key, please post =)

this should work as a single key bind, unless rcon is silly

first push sends 'em flyin, second sends 'em fallin, third resets the gravitational constant

set NPthrowup force_throw ;  rcon g_gravity 999999999999; set NPthrow vstr NPthrowdn
set NPthrowdn rcon g_gravity 99999999; set NPthrow vstr NPthrowRecover
set NPthrowRecover rcon g_gravity 800; set NPthrow vstr NPthrowup
set NPthrow vstr NPthrowup

bind x vstr NPthrow

EsRubio

.:Edit:.

fixed a few minor things

should work perfectly now

hehehe that didn't work.. It keeps making me type in "vsstr <CMD>" so basically that didnt get us anywhere.. I see where your going and it can be fixed but I'm a Quake 2'er and I'm not used to vstr... I'm used to Alias.

EDIT:

ahaha I figured it out, instead of binding X to NPTHROW, make it "vstr npthrow" :)

EDIT:

Now I'm wondering if there's a console command to increase the console command taking ability.. I don't know how to word it, but I mean making it so we can hit the button faster and still have the gravity changes keep up.. Right now I have to wait about 2 seconds in between each gravity change.. Is there a way to make there be no wait? (Probably a flood control)

Originally posted by JediGhost[sITH]

hehehe that didn't work.. It keeps making me type in "vsstr <CMD>" so basically that didnt get us anywhere.. I see where your going and it can be fixed but I'm a Quake 2'er and I'm not used to vstr... I'm used to Alias.

EDIT:

ahaha I figured it out, instead of binding X to NPTHROW, make it "vstr npthrow" :)

huh? Do you mean change it to bind x "vstr NPthrow"

I can't get this to work on a dedicated Linux server (version c). It works fine when I create a non-dedicated server on my Windows box and play on it. But when I play on my dedicated Linux box from my Windows machine, the "force_throw" part of the bind won't work. The g_gravity changes work, but not force_throw. Anybody have any clues?

Well, bind a key to do the Force Push (from Controls Menu) then at the console type "bind <key you made Push>" and find out what the Push bind is.

Should be force_throw..

If it's something else, then adjust the script accordingly. If it is force_throw, try putting a space after and before each ; in the script

"force_throw ; g_gravity 999999999999"

if your ddoing that, try not putting a space

"force_throw;g_gravity 999999999999"

OK. I think I've figured it out. rcon is something that you do to the server (such as changing the gravity), but force_throw takes place on the client, so you don't rcon it when connected to a dedicated server that's also NOT running your client. So the first line should read:

set NPthrowup "force_throw ; rcon g_gravity 999999999999; set NPthrow vstr NPthrowdn"

kaeris

Archived