Home

Challenge to Artifex.

hydro[/jedi]

Who do you think will win?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• tihs hydrop charectar is NEWB. admin, pleases ban him form teh foram. [/JeffK]
    • Hey, even newbs get lucky!
    • No one can beat Artifex! Not even Chun Li. (Artifex gets +5 points for smoother legs)
    • Jedi Kniight II sucks. I play goatse.cx with vaseline.

you seem like a very skilled player. please accept my challenge. i will be happy to provide bandwidth for those who are interested in seeing this duel. i would really like to test my skills against someone who is better than me. so far, i have not played with many players whom i consider elite like i have in other games i've played.

so let me know. i'll be happy to provide the server and whatever bandwidth is needed. all you have to do is beat this cocky elite-wannabe into the ground.

poll will end in five days. hopefully we can have our match a little after it closes.

prove me right.

-hydro

And I thought I posted wierd polls...

I'm kinda booked with tournaments and ladder matches for the next couple of days. Send me an email at:

arsartifex@msn.com

and we'll set something up.

Originally posted by hydro[/jedi]

you seem like a very skilled player. please accept my challenge. i will be happy to provide bandwidth for those who are interested in seeing this duel. i would really like to test my skills against someone who is better than me. so far, i have not played with many players whom i consider elite like i have in other games i've played.

so let me know. i'll be happy to provide the server and whatever bandwidth is needed. all you have to do is beat this cocky elite-wannabe into the ground.

poll will end in five days. hopefully we can have our match a little after it closes.

prove me right.

-hydro

You should really find a neutral sever. I would be happy to host : )

I have a T1 connection and can host on a 1.4 ghz pc with 512mb ram. If you fight on his server then he would have a definate advantage it getting up from and laying down position. Unless he is talking about a server that isnt on the same network as his playing pc.

I have played hydro Jedi in ctf matches and while he is a good player I would have to say that his blocking skills for being pushed, pulled to the ground were not as good as they could be.

Please dont flame me *Leelink hides with a bucket of water ready.*

I played someone name [Joc] Artifex and found that thier blocking skills for push, pull tactics were also lacking, matter of fact, that guy pretty much stunk though. I have asked here before but you never answered me. are you the same Artifex that in the JOC clan. If you are the same perhaps you let one of you kids play on your pc that day. I do that sometimes : )

Originally posted by leelink

You should really find a neutral sever. I would be happy to host : )

I have a T1 connection and can host on a 1.4 ghz pc with 512mb ram. If you fight on his server then he would have a definate advantage it getting up from and laying down position. Unless he is talking about a server that isnt on the same network as his playing pc.

I played someone name [Joc] Artifex and found that thier blocking skills for push, pull tactics were also lacking, matter of fact, that guy pretty much stunk though. I have asked here before but you never answered me. are you the same Artifex that in the JOC clan. If you are the same perhaps you let one of you kids play on your pc that day. I do that sometimes : )

Nope, sorry. Not affiliated with [Joc]. never heard of them really.

I wouldn't do a serious challenge against someone who was playing locally. The difference in smoothness and latency is just too great when only virtual inches are separating your character from a saber cut.

I would love to see this... mind you Id also like to fight the famed Artifex ;)

Montegro: I admit it, you are better than I am

MIB: Then why are you smiling?

Montegro: I know something you do not know...

MIB: and whats that?

Montegro: I am not left handed!

ya know...you post a topic and no one replies for four or five days and you think the topic is dead.

in any case--i prefer to play on full force--maybe play a couple of maps, a new set of force powers on each map...first to 3 on each map; three maps all together. sounds cool?--lemme know when you think you would have time.

I m free on the Week end just msg on icq ....

by the way , i rather like to play in the ( Jedi knight setting :75 force point ) , otherwise there it s kinda to cheap in my opipion but i don t mind playin in jedi master mod ).

Legend Of Khaydarin

Full force or no force is fine, but I'd recommend Jedi Master level force, otherwise the Light Side is at a severe disadvantage because their absorb lasts for a much shorter time. At J.M. things are a bit more even between the 2 sides.

hmm...that's a neat observation. I wonder if all that would be required to truly even the Light and Dark side would be to increase the maximum number of points in the Force Pool...

I'm usually playing between 3pm-5pm and 8pm-10pm EST. We'll fit something in there.

I rather like playing in Jed knight force setting.... cuz you have to care more about how to spend your force point ( which is IMO a bit more strategic ... ) .

And don t worry for the lightside unbalance thingy ... i can handle myself against all opponent ... ( whether they spam dfa , drain grip , or whatever ... ).

Legend Of Khaydarin

PS: I don t mind playing in jedi master but i would like to play in jedi knight setting ....( for some reasons .....)

I personally dont like either setting, but I like for the force regen to be at 100. I like it to regenerate at double the default speed, I find this is the only way to get good counters against drain whores, by the time they complete a grip you will have enough to heal or pull in the next move.

... to heal ...

When s.o has a gripp on me , I ususally wait few second ( if your mana pool is completly emtpy ) , then turn on absorb ( lvl 3 is very cheap to activate it , and it refill more than a half you mana pool in less than a sec ), then use it for healing .....

I also have notice that if you wait until you have enough to activate a lvl 3 force of absorption ... the gripper will only do 2 DMG ( at least ) and less than 10 dmg (at most)...

Legend Of Khaydarin

Originally posted by leelink

I personally dont like either setting, but I like for the force regen to be at 100. I like it to regenerate at double the default speed, I find this is the only way to get good counters against drain whores, by the time they complete a grip you will have enough to heal or pull in the next move.

The only problem with that is that you'll get used to playing at non-default regen rates, which will cripple you in a competitive match.

I don't mind playing at Jedi Knight power level, but i'm puzzled as to why you'd want to deliberately cripple force use. If you want to do that, then just turn it off completely.

Doh! I really need to pick a light or Dark side force to complete my journey. I.. I... I choose light, guess its time to work on absorb and protect or mindtrick.

Nextime we meet I will be all powerful ; )

hey artifex...how about playing friday at 3:00 on leelink's server?...is that okay for you took, leelink?...let me know, and im me on aim (idro). i haven't pinged the server...but post your ping reply...we'll see how you do on 1.03--ejejej

No one wants to use my server?

I have hosted for Artifex on more than one occasion.

Personally I think a closed battleground is best for a challenge.

Just the players on the server with the Op at the con to change maps and settings as needed.

If it matters - I got an AMD 1900+ with 1024MB RAM and a 2Mbit pipeline - Plus I am an experienced server op.

If you did want spectators you could play in FFA mode and issue challenges - but that is not *quite* the same as "Pure Duel" mode.

Also I would suggest that I would randomly select the arenas from a list of the default 8 duel maps plus 2 or 3 user made maps. sith_ascension and duel_turbine are good examples. (I don't count ffa_raven as a good duel map - even though Raven likes to think it is.)

Consider my server a neutral battleground if you would - I am more than willing to set aside some time for you all.

CRCError

hydro, take a crack at crc's server. see if the ping is ok for you. I've played on it before and it seems more stable for me than my connection to leelink's server.

if we do use crc's, then leelink, would you like to connect in spectator mode and record a demo for everybody? that'd be really useful as you should be able to change the view back and forth between players while the match is going on. That way you'd still get to see the match live, too. :)

Ah yes the inevitable ping request :) I quite often have a Ded Server running at this address too - so feel free to hop on. Mind you I keep max_rate at 5000 for regular games and quite often have a full server... For a dedicated challenge I will not be in Internet mode (IE no heartbeats to master server list) and the server WILL be password protected. Also max_rate would be adjusted for the number of players and observers allowed to connect.

You can ping me at 68.51.99.201

I hope to host a pretty good brawl!

CRCError

Originally posted by CRCError

Ah yes the inevitable ping request :) I quite often have a Ded Server running at this address too - so feel free to hop on. Mind you I keep max_rate at 5000 for regular games and quite often have a full server... For a dedicated challenge I will not be in Internet mode (IE no heartbeats to master server list) and the server WILL be password protected. Also max_rate would be adjusted for the number of players and observers allowed to connect.

You can ping me at 68.51.99.201

I hope to host a pretty good brawl!

CRCError

kewl. I'm available tomorrow and friday, 3pm-5pm and 8pm-10pm. Name your time hydro.

Archived