Home

Blasters...

Pseudonym

Do you think the guns in JK2 suck?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the guns in JK2 suck?

• Yes. JK\'s were a lot better.
    • No. These gunz own.
    • All Star Wars weapons suck. I\'ll take a glock & a knife over a blaster and saber any day.

The Rebels use E-11s instead of DL-44s like they should. How come they didn’t add a more movie-type blasters? The Bryar pistol is lame. I was a little disappointed with the projectile-firing weaponry in this game; I guess that’s why using the saber is so much more fun.

One of the reasons the weapons suck is because they took away the auto-aim system and added extremely bad accuracy, except on weapons the don’t do enough damage or do too much damage. :(

The repeating rifle and E-11 are two good examples of this. The RR used to shoot in a straight line and accurately hit its target compensating for its low damage ratio; and the E-11, even though originally inaccurate, was also tolerable due to the auto-aim. Now neither of them can shoot worth ****. :mad:

If they had made the weapon’s accuracy based on movement and position (e.g. The MP5 in CS has better accuracy when crouch than when you’re standing or moving), the first few levels could have been a lot better and I wouldn’t have minded the loss of automatic aiming. But the weapons are bad no matter what. I have stood right in front of a Stormtrooper and emptied about 50 shots on secondary-fire mode with the E-11 without hitting him.

So those of you that are making modifications: you should consider (if it’s possible) making changes to the arsenal. :)

[err, Sorry about the slashes in the poll. I can't edit them out.]

Yeah, the Rail Detonator was cool. It was funny to see people run around trying to get it off of them. :p

They replaced it with a homing mode though, which doesn't work well in MP now because ppl move too fast and have easy access to force jump, rolls, ect...

I liked the blasters but disliked the rest of the weapons, missile launcher etc. Disruptor rifle seemed to fit ok in the SW universe but the flak cannon etc. did not. I would have liked to see a wider variety of blasters, including many kinds of pistols in keeping with the films. Another thing - why in JK1 and JK2 are the shots from the wookie crossbow green? In the films they are red.

What's nice about all the weapons this time around is that almost every one of them exists in EU. The only thing I don't remember seeing in some role playing sourcebook is the tripmines. The det packs and bryar pistol cannot be found either, but there is plenty of different blaster pistols and explosives around so those don't really count.

While the non-canon weapons are from EU, many of them have really altered function. Flechetter weapon and repeater come first in mind. Anyways, using EU weapons gives it all a nice sense of continuity. Not to say that the rail detonator with sticky rockets wasn't funny, though.

i also liked the guns in jk1 more. the guns in jk2 are... let's say... way too "quakish"/"unrealish". the rocketlauncher reminds me of the quake thing (except for the speed), this ball throwing thing (flak cannon, was it?) is almost like the flak cannon used in unreal (except for the sound).

instead of the rocket launcher the shoul've implemented either the rail detonator ("get it off me! get it off me!") or the concusion rifle, which could've also been used as a rocket launcher.

the design of the repeater was also better, though i somehow like the fire mode of new one more.

but what can you do? either mourning for the loss of the badass guns, or excepting it. i go for the excepting, the new ones aren't THAT bad at all

Originally posted by JimLad

Another thing - why in JK1 and JK2 are the shots from the wookie crossbow green? In the films they are red.

Hmmm, good question. I was looking at my Behind the Magic game earlier (I got it for free with the mail-in rebate a long time ago :p) and it said that Wookie Bowcasters are only avalible to wookies and are usually given to them when they are young. The crossbows in JK1 & 2 are used by Tusken Raiders. So maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe they altered it? But most likely they probably just strayed away from the movies...

I was a bit disappointed with the guns too. I mean, I WANT MORE BLASTERS. Give the rebels different blasters, such as the ones we see in the beginning of ANH and the ones they used on Hoth. Give the stormies new blasters too, the E-11 is the standard one, but in the movies they also had this long blaster that kind of resembled an MG-42, kind of like a squad support blaster. Also I would like to see the E-11 secondary fire deleted, they didn't shoot THAT fast (yes yes years have passed they could've improved the gun but still), and the big tripod mounted gun that the stormies also used.

The flak cannon and repeater are just...well...quakish...the rocket launcher does fit in though.

The RR used to shoot in a straight line and accurately hit its target compensating for its low damage ratio

am i the only one who noticed that its NOT the RR from jk?

now its the "imp. HEAVY RR" it does more dammage then the jk RR did. therefore something has to give. in this case it was accuracey(sp? wrong, but you know...)

also the conc rifle was not deleted but is now the secenderary fire for the IHRR.(before you scream NO ITS NOT!!!!! let me note that it's fire pattern is much closer to the conc from DF then the JK one)

all it is, is that this time around the 2nd fire mode is the deathly accurate mode... and it is...

Maybe the weapons are intentionally "worse then the sabre" to encourage more sabre use in SP?

But because most people (or at least myself) use pure lightsabre after the Nar Shadaa Streets map, (that Streets one had me using a sniper rifle 75% of the time,) they should have had more weapons availiable in the earliest stages of the game so before findin the lightsabre we could still play around with the guns too. Maybe not the rocket launcher but surely the repeater!

I'm hoping that someone will make a mod that makes it so that the game has all the weapons from all of the series. I don't know about the weapons for Dark Forces since I didn't have that, but I would love to see the weapons that didn't get put in from JK and MotS. I would especially love to see the sniper function that was in MotS on the E-11.

I think they did a fairly decent job with the new weapons, though I get tired of repeater/flak whores in some of those tighter maps where there's nowhere to run, and it's too tight to effectively respond with push or pull. I played on a server that had ditched the repeater/flak/DEMP guns, and everyone had a grand ol' time with blasters still, but you have a fighting chance against someone.

I like the old repeater rifle better, it was more accurate. The rocket launcher looks like it came right out of QII, but it's fairly well balanced. I've played a match of rocket tennis on some of the more open maps, where my target pushed my rocket back at me, and I pushed it back at him. (needless to say, accuracy was awful)

I'd be interested to see how long a rocket would last being batted back and forth like that....

Originally posted by jussi

The accuracy of the weapons is good enough, but the only weapons i like are that heavy repeater and e-11, others suck badly. The bryar pistol should have been replaced with that pistol that Han Solo had.

Ah yes, the "broomhandle Mauser" Blastech DL-44. Mara had that in MotS, didn't she? I would have liked that pistol, but on the other hand bryar is sort of Kyle's signature weapon and it would be shame to replace that. I would love to have DL-44 model replacement for bryar in multiplayer, however.

Archived