Home

Practice and kick ass fights

brikis98

i'm sure many have figured this out already, but here's a very fun way to enjoy the single player in this game, once u've beaten it...

start the game up in single player, and load a map, using devmapall, from the console (type in 'devmapall mapname' - where mapname is any map you want, tho i recommend multiplayer maps - like ffa_yavin)...

then, give urself whatever force powers, weapons, etc. u want ('give all' or 'setforceall 3', etc)... you can also set difficulty using

'g_spskill #' where # represents the difficulty (the higher the number, the harder)... finally, activate dismemberment by typing in 'g_saberRealisticCombat 1'

once it's all set up, you can spawn and duel against (or duel w/) any NPC's... like, spawn desann and see if you can beat him in a duel w/o the "invincibility beam" :D

even more fun, however, is spawning allies (the names include luke, jedi, jedi2, jeditrainer - all found in the NPCs.cfg file) and sparring against enemies w/ them...

furthermore, if you type in 'notarget' the enemy ai won't see u... using this, you can spawn a light side army, dark side army and watch 'em go head to head - this is GREAT STUFF... you can really see the ai shine as you pit various jedi's against each other...

i had a great time watching desann destroy luke time and again - in fact, even tavion gives luke a very hard time... you can also have a chick fight (tavion vs. jan) or gun fight (stormtroopers vs. rebels)... this stuff really is great to watch - the combo of great ai, awesome graphix and dismemberment creates phenomenal battle scenes... i suggest even recording some...

enjoy :)

Originally posted by Pontius

How exactly do I record a battle and how do I watch it?

i think you can only record a demo in MP ??

anyways.. theres a script in the files section of jediknightii.net that automates this for you :-)

::/Ed

I thought it was only in mp too, but just then I opened up the jk2config.cfg and what do you know?

ui_recordSPDemo "0"

ui_recordSPDemoName ""

someone do some testing with these, I'm too tired.

Oh yeah, I spawn tonnes of guys all the time in SP. Usually on ffa_bespin on the pad, or on valley (just type cam_disable and npc kill all in console to stop the cinematic - this is one cool level for duelling). In fact, most of the letter keys in SP i have bound to npc spawns.

Archived