Home

? for those on the 2nd or 3rd time thru SP

Chiles4

I'm at Cairn Reactor (spinning core) playing on Master Level. After I finish JO I'll probably immediately start SP again. For those of you who've beaten JO on different difficulty settings, do you think I should lower the difficulty to Jedi Knight or Padawan?

I'm just asking because in JK1 on hardest setting, it's a non-stop ass-kicking fest and no one can really stop you - and it's alot of fun. But in JO, on Master setting, I put ALOT more effort into strategy and go at a much slower pace. If I don't think I did very well in a fire-fight or if I've take too much damage (or died) I'll replay the "scene".

So I'm asking, do you think it would be more fun playing on a lower setting after I've "proven" myself on Master? I don't really look forward to going through the first 3 levels again on Master setting. Whacking all those Stormtroopers takes a long time!

You're actually rather far from the end - it gets better, believe me, and the greatest problem for me when I played SP the first time through was actually the puzzles. The stormies and such get real easy when you get new powers, and old ones are upgraded.

I played the game through the second time cheating, to get the most enjoyment out of it. I only cheated to get all forces and all weapons though - no god mode or anything like that.

If you want to make the saber fights a LOT harder (or easier, depending on how you look at it), set g_saberrealisticcombat to 3.

This makes it a *real* fight, where 1 hit *does* kill you. Makes it a LOT more fun.

Besides, it's just so much more satisfying to slice Tavion in half with a side swipe as you sidestep one of her stupid rushes.

On the other hand, one hit (generally) from a saber, and you're toast as well.

Yah, I'm re-playing the sp game right now. I am at the bespin undercity level now... I've been there for like 6 hours cause i've been playing around with the npc spawn console command. It's freakin fun as ever. lol, force pushin lando down the gantry hole. ahhhhhhhh

:cool:

Bleh until you get a lightsaber what's the point? lol, I would reccomend going through on Jedi if you want a faster pace, or Knight if you want the same number of guys but twice the health... I personally thing Dueling is most fun on JM because its as hard as it (to my twisted thinking) should be (well almost hard enough)

Thanks for the input - I'm still kind of at a loss as to how to play SP again. I might just start the game with a lightsaber so I can get thru the first 3 or 4 levels alot faster. I just don't want to spend all that time trying to kill thousands of stormies with not much more than a Stormtrooper Rifle. But I'm not really into doing all cheats.

The realistic saber combat sounds great - just like it should be - but I'd be doing ALOT of reloading. :D

Maybe I'll just find a "cool" area and spawn some Reborns and practice my SP sabering. I pretty much suck - too much spamming and not enough technique. Maybe I'll try the "Ladder" map.

Good to hear the game gets better as you get further in. I guess my gripes are that Force Speed gives too much advantage in SP, not only with troopers but in fighting Dark Jedi as well. I also wish the maps were a little harder to navigate and figure out.

Then again most of the enemies including bosses will die from couple hits in saberrealisticcombat mode so it will be too easy, since in Jedi Master you only have 50 health and 50 shield you will die easily without the saberrealistic code, instead of using it i recommend to download a mod that lets you cut enemies in parts , but it does not make game easier...

Chiles4,

If you use the cheat to get the saber early in the game, you will run into problems when you reach the point where you are supposed to get Kyle's old saber. You won't be able to pick it up because you already have one. You'll be stuck & have to either restart a new game from scratch or use the cheat code to load the trial level again & finish the game from there.

If you want to get around only having the blaster rifle, you can do what I did. I looked at this game as the 3rd in a series where Kyle has been a mercenary for many many years now. There is no way in hell that a mercenary as experienced as him would show up on a mission that he had plenty of time to prepare for with ONLY a pistol. He had already aquired almost all of the weapons in JO from the previous games, so in the interest of a more realistic storyline I used the cheat codes to get all the weapons (other than the saber) that he had from the previous games & that's how I started the game.

You can use the code "give weaponnum x" & use numbers 3 - 12 where the "x" is. For some reason when I did this again later I couldn't get weapons 10 & 11 with the above code. So if you run into this problem use the weapons codes that use the names instead of the numbers.

here's a complete list of both sets:

"give weaponnum 1" or "give weapon_saber"

"give weaponnum 2" or "give weapon_bryar_pistol"

"give weaponnum 3" or "give weapon_blaster"

"give weaponnum 4" or "give weapon_disruptor"

"give weaponnum 5" or "give weapon_bowcaster"

"give weaponnum 6" or "give weapon_repeater"

"give weaponnum 7" or "give weapon_DEMP2"

"give weaponnum 8" or "give weapon_flechette"

"give weaponnum 9" or "give weapon_rocket_launcher"

"give weaponnum 10" or "give weapon_thermal"

"give weaponnum 11" or "give weapon_trip_mine"