Home

first person saber

J.P.B.

Can't be done, unless the console command (which I don't know) can do it. You wouldn't want to use first-person mode in multiplayer... the way you attack and move actually changes somewhat when you're in third-person mode. Going into first can erase a lot of your advantages, and worse, it would make you feel dizzy (you try somersaulting over and over in first-person mode; I use third-person for everything, even single-player).

I tried the console command, doesn't work. Actually, you could modify the abilities so that it would match third person for saber.. just don't make the camera spin around and around when you do special moves.

If they could do it in JK single player, they can do it in multiplayer. Maybe they ran into some snags, but that's something I'd love to see in a patch, even if they don't change the textures on Kyle's hands (heck, they didn't for JK/MotS and nobody complained).

Then again maybe it's like the 3rd person dual enforcers in UT, something that would have been great if it had been fixed, but just never is. ; p

I think first person looks very cool, it makes blocking blaster shots easier (with targetting) and many people like its "realism" and "movie-like" quality.

i just need to say this in single player first person saber i used for normal troops not for duels but as i will piont out and no one seems to know when in single person mode the camera doesn't flip. when you force jump in third person you see yourself flip not so in first it just looks like your jumping normal but higher and some one could make a mod that just brings teh camera down in frount of the head of the model ok thats my 2 cents

Allow me to add something here:

In single player you play as Kyle. Kyle has a couple skins for First Person that no one else has, which are called fpls (stands for First Person Light Saber). Since no one has these skins, they cannot enable first person light saber in multiplayer, because when you change to first person using a gun in single player, your skin changes to fpls so that you don't see the inside of Kyle's head while playing.

When you change to first person using a lightsaber in single player, your skin changes to fpls2 so that you don't see the inside of kyle's body while playing.

Hope this helps.

they should make it so every model has a fpls model, or something to that extent so we can play with the saber in first person in MP. it gives a more movie-like feeling to it, and i personally don't think its a super hard thing to fix.

The command for first person lightsaber view does not exist in the MP executable. I suppose you could alter the 3rd person camera postion to a point where you're looking out of the model's eyes. I'd like to see some screenshots of that. Why did they do this? Simple. In a MP game, you have to at least attempt to keep all players on an even field, thus everyone has the same camera for the same weapons. Although you can also use all your wepons in 3rd person, but that's not practical considering the swing of the camera. Plus, why make all those killer animations if everybody's not going to be able to see them first-hand? I don't think you are able to perform some of the custom lightsaber hits without being in 1st person view either (haven't tested this).

Archived