Home

multi-lockup answer

drallvekk

this is my take on the game locking at the end of a multi map...

the map your machine is trying to load isn't installed...

like if the server is changing maps to duel_academy and u don't got it... LOCKUP! i don't know if this is always the reason for this lockup but it makes sense and i haven't heard anyone come up with this explination

One thing I have noticed about dedicated servers is that they will sometimes disconnect you but your side doesn't report it properly (taking you back o the menu). Therefore, from the player side, it looks like you have a lockup when in reality you never actually connected and you just need to hold the ESC key until it disconnects. I know this isn't the reason for all the lockups I've read about here, just something I've seen happen many times. If you hit ESC and are still stuck, hit the CapsLock key and see if the indicator on you rkeyboard goes on and off. I fit doesn't, you have a hard lockup. If it does, the system is still running, but you may have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of the game.

this isn't the cause of the multi-lockup, i went to a server that had

a different map than i and it said could not load map. But i haven't had this happen since i reinstalled jk2! this is a weird thing and i am back to thinking patch patch patch

Archived