Home

Problem with 3dmax xsi exporter

Proto

I've got a problem with 3dmax xsi exporter. Whatever I try to export (e.g. very simple scene with the teapot, not to mention a stormtrooper model), during building it with carcass i get "XSI import failed. File contains 'cubic' scale keys". Also when I try to import the exported scene with max importer i get "improper file format". I tried other xsi exporters, with no results. I've got max 4.2. Anyone knows what's causing those errors? I'd be very thankful.

Yeah i get the exact same thing.

I've been relying on sithlord to help me exporting my models, which sucks bigtime cuz it would speed up my work tenfold and I would be able to stop bothering sithlord.

I got 3DS MAX R4.

you are sure?you've got the same error before skinning?

i known how to use uvw but i d'like make my textures later..and watch my mesh first in the model viewer. or i just have to make uvw without texture...??no errors like that?

by..hope you ll answer ;-)

I just select all the mesh and apply a uvw texture and now i have an other error becuase i don't put a skeleton and point weigth but i not the sclaling error

i think it's that

when u import the xsi file and make a renderer, max say that the mesh ... needs uvw map so the game don't know how to placed texture

Ok, I've got the sollution. Americans won't have this problem while Europeans will ;). It's stupid, but all you must fix is to change in windows local settings your coma symbol from "," to "." :D. All exporters are stupid enought to write "," in output instead of "converting" it to ".", so your asci *.xis is one big bull**** (e.g.: 123,124,7654,857, should be: 123.124.7654.857,). Now I'm able to make correct *.xis, however I stilll can't convert it to *.glm with carcass as i get something like "vertex x of mesh y has no weight. Don't get it. Anyone can help?

Thx, but when I use skin modifier, carcass can't find some bones during conversion... any ideas? Maybe I do it wrong? Could you post some mini- tutorial? Anyway I'm trying to convert imported stormtrooper model without any changes first. Why can't I import it with weights already?

Where do I have to link the mesh? To pelvis only, just like biped- physique?

Maybe this is just the model, but when i try to import a .xsi model into Milkshape, it tells me that "A Mesh with Polygons Made Up of more than 3 vertices was found.. Skipping" I know what this means, but it gives me around 5 of them and then never shows me the model...:confused:

Also, is it possible to get a plugin or whatever to import .xsi into GMAX?

Archived