Home

Dear LucasArts . . .

NewBJedi

First I love Raven, great dev team, best games ever.

Not enough credit is given to Raven.

Sure Lucas shared a bunch of sounds, and stuff but the actual gameplay and superb design is Raven - don't forget that people.

Raven is just the dev team - they can only do so much - design and patch the game, but the final word on community support, patch support, etc. is LucasArts.

This is a LucasArts forum and JK2 is a LucasArts game.

How does LucasArts expect us to take their future games seriously?

Reputation means alot, and it's sad to see NO dev or representatives talking to players of JK2 at all - even via announcements.

We feel abandoned.

At least when Raven was able to control the development of ST:EF we had dev guys constantly talking to us, in a dialogue form on gameplay and bugs, etc. It was fantastic!

This is getting ridiculous.

LucasArts needs to allow Raven to have more control over the destiny of the game and let them be in touch with the community.

Wake up LucasArts, before you pull an 'EA Games' and hurt your fanbase.

You want Raven to get MORE support and credits.

Seems to me you've greatly under-rated LucasArts. This site plus its network is close with LucasArts and it has a great relationship. The public relations teams is great. The President is great. Everybody over there is great. They've contributed a LOT to the community.

Raven did get a lot of recognition for thier work and the work they are still doing. Mainly the SDK (editing tools). During the production of the game many of the staff of both companies visited and read these forums. But since the game is over, most are probebly moving on to other projects, vacations or working hard on that "patch" everybody wants. Both companies have also been very occupied witht he upcoming E3. LucasArts will present many new fresh titles and Raven is working on Soldiers of Fortune 2 and probebly a few un-announced titles.

I think you've been too hard on them.

I haven't seen any reps respond to anyone in the Game Feedback forum on the bugs, balance issues, cheats, etc.

Not even a simple recognition . . .

I like to see what I pay for get supported, not have that money get thrown into future projects I could careless about.

But eh, I'm just a strange customer that expects direct support for what I pay for.

You should check out http://www.quake3world.com.

ID Software runs that site and there is always someone there that is always responding to people's questions and bug reports.

It was the same with ST:EF when Raven ran their forum for it.

I'm not attempting to bash, or cause havoc. I'm simply trying to say the support and customer-relations is lacking in the 'Game Feedback' forum.

Can you honestly deny that?

If I'm the only person that feels this way, fine, I won't mention this again.

But if other people feel as I do, please respond to this thread and share your opinion.

Thank you.

They read the feedback forum, and they have fixed bugs posted here.

I don't think they should reply to every post, because most of the things posted at that forum have been already posted dozens of times.

I agree however we could see them more around.

There was a time around the game release that they posted quite frequently, they have been disappeared now (or their posts are sunk by the flood)

Here's a suggestion:

Have a sticky topic only they dev/rep's can post to in gamefeedback and they update us with stuff being worked on, checked out, etc... like a plan file in the forum.

People won't be able to respond to the thread itself, but we can at least see that something is being done.

It could be just a forum moderator who communicates with LucasArts and Raven on recent patch information, posting to that 'sticky thread'.

How about that?

I believe the main reason anyone would give up on the game - be it the casual user or clans for competition - is merely the lack of communication from designer to user.

If you fill that void, you will bring confidence back into the fanbase - for this game and future titles.

Just my 2 cents.

Yah, I was told it would happen, but nothing came from it.

I think the sticky thread would be better and reach a larger audience.

Unfortunately, Murphy's Law is in place, and not to sound pitiful, it's probably an idea that would work, hence they would never do it.

Things that make sense never happen. :p

Archived