Home

Please Keep Requests In General Editing!

CheshireKat

Not that everyones ideas aren't good, but the main reason we asked for seperate forums for editing, was to avoid this kind of thing.

Most people in this forum, and the other specific forums have Work In Progress, and many ideas of their own.

Feel free to give feedback, or ask modeling avice, and especially pimp your own models for feedback, but can we please keep it to that?

There's plenty of Off Topic things to talk about in General Editing.

Hehe... Not that OT is something to be damned for, but people dedicating New Threads to requesting models we all love and charish is a pretty dead post. We all want to make them all I'm sure, but there's only so much time.

I'm sure any SW model someone wants we want too. And while it makes for great conversation, it just litters the boards.

Whats wrong with politly asking for someone to make a model/skin, its not like were gonna beat you over the head with a stick if you don't do it. Second if the posts just die why did you even bother making this post? since they die they won't be there that long. This post does the exact same thing basicly as the politly asked requests for certain things, this is "demanding" us to stop making them.

STOP MAKING THEM DAMMNIT IT!!!

But no seriously they need more mods here. There really shoudl be rules to each forum because I hate wading through posts and finding heaps of requests when I'm looking for images of other peoples progress or simply looking to see if they need help with anything I can answer.

True, but still the borads here are quite slow compared to the VNBoards for certain games (such as Asherons Call). So its not exactly that hard to find people that need help on certain stuff. So requests shouldn't be that bothersome to people, unless your really irritable.

Well speaking from my own experience, I usually on post a one other forum, a forum which happens to be frequented by many 3d modellers and texture artists. So I've personally grown acustomed to expect certain standards/limits on the types of posts I find in each forum. I imagine Cheshire has too since he also posts there.

Yes, I guess we get spoiled, and the moderators keep it very nice there..

But I was the one who requested these seperate forums for the exact reason Monkey gave above. To keep things clean and in order. It was due to all the crazyness of General Editing, and the other modeling forum here was dead that we suggested these.

General Editing is a perfect place for Requests and such. Anyone who comes to the Modeling or Mapping and whatnot, also goes to General Editing.

So all we ask is to try to keep Very General things such as your New Ideas for things like models, mods, and maps to the General Editing section.

It seems to me that most of the replys to these thread are "Ya! That'd be Way Cool!" Because the modelers and such are too busy on other projects to reply and get bound to something they have no time for at the moment. I must have had over 20 requests to do Maul already, and though I'm think it's cool people trust me with him, currently I havent' the time. These projects take alot of time and commitment, so committing is a hard thing for alot of us to do.

For Q and A about something such as mapping, go to the mapping section, and same for models and skins.

But every gamer has an Idea he or she really would like to see, and if everyone keeps posting request and such, these boards will be the same as the GE section, and you know how confusing it can get it there.

Moderators: Feel free to tell me I'm wrong for asking for this, but please give me a good reason. If you agree, it'd be nice to have a Guidelines section at the top of each forum though. Just so people know.

Thanks for Listening.

I completely agree with Cheshire and Spacermonkey. However I can also see the relevance of model requests being posted in the modeling forum. So how about this: We simply have a requests thread in the modeling forum. No clutter to dig thru unless you're anxious to satisfy some requests or having trouble thinking of something to model.

Yes, this would be a perfect solution, but in other forums requests are often unanswered, just like in here, because alot of Modlers have their own ideas.

Still, it would solve teh problem, if the moderators do their housework.

Archived