Home

Limbs are a' flyin'

tempest8008

I've got the cheats in for realistic saber combat and I've tried the dismemberment entry too, but all that seems to happen is that arms, wrists and legs go flying.

I have yet to successfully cut someone in half, and boy, would that be sweeeeet.

What am I doing wrong? Here is my setup in my autoexec.cfg file:

seta helpusobi "1"

seta g_saberRealisticCombat "1"

I've removed the seta g_dismemberment "1" because it didn't seem to do anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a few things you can try.

- Increase the value of g_saberRealisticCombat. I know, it's kinda cheap.

- Set g_dismemberProbabilities to 0.

- Make sure you're swiping the right way. After all, a vertical or diagonal swipe won't cause a horizontal chop. Try Back+Direction+Attack. You'll know you're doing the right thing when Kyle starts spinning while swiping (medium stance).

- Try using the strong or medium stance if possible. It'll make it easier to do the proper swipe.

I can tell you that at g_saberRealisticCombat = 3, limbs fly everywhere, the guy gets chopped in about 3 chunks, etc. But so do you. ;)

I tried a Grip followed by a saber toss.

Hit the stormtrooper right in the midsection, but all he did was fold over....then his wrist popped off for no apparent reason.

You'd figure even the Remnant could stop it's Troopers from going to pieces like that (HARHARHARHAR)

Thanks though, I'll try putting in those values.

You have everything right so far with saberrealisticcombat set to 1

All you need to do now is set g_dismemberment 100 at the console and you will be hacking things in every piece possible.

Heads will fly, arms and torsos too!

Archived