Home

Becoming a Jedi or a Sith?

NewBJedi

Do find yourself doing this:

For duels I turn off my saber, kneel, bow and begin.

I never interfere with other's duels nor do I ever attack anyone with a saber down.

However, if someone doesn't obey these rules I attack them at all costs, getting him/her in the back, and whatever it takes to frustrate the bad player.

For FFA I always use Dark Force powers - grip and drain - tossing people of ledges, draining people in matches so I can grip, force pull, push, kick, and kill.

For CTF, I use Light Force powers - Mind Trick and Absorb for flag running, etc.

Contradictions . . .

Jedi or Sith?

Which do you feel you are and why?

At the risk of sounding like a total dork...

I think the main difference between Jedi and Sith is how you use your abilities. If you are aggressive, start fights, hold grudges, and pull tags off furniture...then you're more Sith-like. If you use mostly defense, only fight when others start it, keep your mind free of grudges, and like puppies...then you're more Jedi-like.

In that aspect, I'd have to say I'm more Jedi-like since I usually stick to defense...if someone turns their back on me, I won't kill them. Then again, that's mostly because I like the fight, not the kill. Any SW buffs know if it's un-Jedi-like to take enjoyment in combat? Even if you follow a lightside path? Then again...let's face it: If you don't enjoy the fight, you won't be playing this game. :D

Yea you can't really stick to jedi morals in this game :). I think it's un jedi like to like combat. Cuz they think fighting is bad and stuff like that. People that use light are just as evil as bad. they turn on their Absorb so when people try to grip them over a ledge they push them instead. I think everyones pretty much bad in this game reguardless hehe. Unless u walk around waiting for someone to kill you, or u just walk around team healing all day, then your probably not a good jedi :)

Sith all the way... I am not a passive person... Through acts of aggression, I am willing to sacrifice in the possibility of gaining.

I just really liked how Darth Maul taunted Obi Wan... especially behind that force field. Notice, he was like a caged tiger at a circus... that just paces back and forth infront of the bars... with that look, "If this cage wasn't here... I'd tear of your head".

Now I don't strike people down in the back... like people waiting for a dual. I am a sith with Pride... I would rather spit in your face and mock you than to strike you down someone unguarded.

UBER! W0oT! lol, just kidding.

I'd probably have to be neutral.

I have several qualities that fall under Jedi, several under Sith, and a bunch of "neither" qualities.

Jedi:

1.Honor, morals

2.Calm

3.Nice (for the most part)

4.Don't go looking for trouble

Sith:

1.Tweaked honor, twisted morals

2.Focused

3.Incredibly mean

4.Methodical attacks

I have all of these qualities. Some aren't readily apparent at first glance, but they're there. I know a lot of these contradict. That represents volatility. One minute I'll be calm and nice, and the next minute I'll be seething and evil, depending on the stimulus.

Damn teenage years. :D

I think i'm more of a light sider.

1. I never hit people with no weapon/saber not drawn - Light

2. I use light forces only - Light

3. I use medium lightsaber style - Neutral

4. I am more aggressive than most - Dark

5. I usually attack first - Dark

I could go on... but i'll spare you it ;)

I used to be a light sider but recently i've switched to the dark side

It's especially fun when some1 is dfa'ing right in your face and u grip them when their infront of u, and throw them of the nearest abyss :)

And I like the fact that with Drain people are not going to overuse their force. I like to drain them and then fight them normally. Instead of the usual push/pull grip/absorb etc. etc. fighting.

Now if that makes me a bad person.. so be it :)

I am of the sith of course. For example, I temporarily switched to the hands model just to piss off a guy I was playing against. I do have a bit of a weakness for the underdog though. There was a guy who had a horrid ping and couldn't find a way to get ahold of the saber in Jedi Master mode. So I kept killing off all the other players so he could take the saber from me for awhile.

Darth Abbadon: If it were me you'd have to grab the saber and stand in front of me for an eternity.

I lag so bad that I really need the Force to predict where the opponent will be in 20 seconds time.

...and who's the lamer who keeps hitting me with the Connection Interupted attack?

I'd say I'm Jedi, but if you wanted to go fully into the description I'd be in-between.

:yobi:

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no death, there is The Force.

Originally posted by hyrit

At the risk of sounding like a total dork...

I think the main difference between Jedi and Sith is how you use your abilities. If you are aggressive, start fights, hold grudges, and pull tags off furniture...then you're more Sith-like. If you use mostly defense, only fight when others start it, keep your mind free of grudges, and like puppies...then you're more Jedi-like.

:D

LOL Puppies! :D

Sorry if i misquote, but:

"...how am i to know the good side from the bad?"

"The Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defence, never for attack"

^(which is why drain should be taken out and replaced with old school destruct, drain is to defencive and uncharacteristic of the dark side)

Originally posted by Digital_Ronin

"Jedi Outcast" maybe?

*g* Sorry, couldn't resist.

Oh yes, and if one would take JK1, then it would be a 'Raccoonking' (was the cheat for having both sides of the force) ... not really impressive as a title though. :D

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

*cough*.. you should be shot for those ^-:D-^

I, uh, use light side.. I really have no morals or code of honor.. sorry. :) I give a quick nod in response to a bow though, as well as staying away from unlit sabers.. unless you attack me, and then I pop up protection, heal the damage and push you away and keep walking... without protection on of course :)

Dark Side , my reasons :

At the start of a match I bow , I let my opponent bow and as his head and saber are down , go in heavy blow and dice him up.

I'll be a drain wh**e if required. Back off and let my opponent run into a mass of lighning.

Lure him into areas and use force push to throw him off the map.

Look at other peoples screens when playing LAN , to see their health and force bars.

Talk trash to them.

No Jedi would act like this. Sith through N' through.

I do not role play, I consider it... stupid. However there are guidelines I follow similar to your sith/jedi rules.

I never interfere with other's duels nor do I ever attack anyone with a saber down.

This is the one that really kills me. If you put your saber away mid duel WITHOUT RUNNING AWAY, then you are asking for attack. You see, putting away your saber is one of he best offensive tactics in the game. Both blue and yellow have these INSANELY fast jabs (including a thrust that no one ever talks about) that you can do which have no recovery time, and thus are insanely good attacks. However, since every one thinks your going peaceful when you put away your saber, it eliminates your chance to do this unless you want to be branded as dishonorable.

Well then fcuk honor.

"Stay with the pain, don't shut it out, without pain, without sacrifice we would have nothing. You have to give up. You have to know, not fear that someday you will die." As you will most likely have guessed by now, I am on the more agressive side of things, or a sith, as most of you prefer to say. If you don't want to fight and want to walk around being extra nice to eachother then don't play the game, if you get spineshanked with a saber while running around, don't whine about it. This game is the best game ever made. :o

Archived