Home

Lightsaber color in SP

Senotfed_X

nope.

if you change the sabercolor files the blur isn't changed.

but you can bind a key to change saber color:

bind sabercolor x key

where as 'x' is the color and, 'key' is the key you want to bind it to.

you might be able to insert console commands into your map somehow. i don't know anything about radiant so i don't know.

i actually really need to find a way to have my sp level start with a red saber otherwise it will be really lame

there must be a way to set in the levels start script (the script u use to set up force powers) i just need some kind of idea as to what to enter in the script

-patch

there was that sabermagic mod that let u cycle through all the sabers with a key without having to bind anything manually or type devmapall

it did it by editing the jk2config file though,

so u would have to include an edited version of it with ur level

and i dont think people would like having their key configurations changed around every time they downloaded a new sp map

still... maybe someone can work out something with it

-patch

actually i just had a thought

if someone knows how to make a script that will execute a .cfg and attach it to the start script for the level it could execute a cfg file that has the thing for changing the sabers colour without having to add it on to the JK2config file. and thus not having to alter the players already existing key setup

-patch

Ok, I think I figured out a way to do this (although I'm convinced there is an easier way). This is how I did it:

1. I opened the sabers.shader file in the base/shaders directory (with ShaderEd2).

2. I wanted to switch the green with the blue, so I simply switched names of the files in the sabers.shader file.

3. This by itself should change the SP saber color. However if you want npcs with green sabers (luke) to keep green sabers and npcs with blue sabers to keep blue sabers, then you need to edit the npcs.cfg and switch the blues to green and the greens to blue.

If there is an easier way to do this, PLEASE tell me! Anyway, I hope this helps.

no, that's the first thing i tried earlier today for you patchx. blurs are still blue (at least the way i did it). i'm working on that script for you, too. i'm using two ideas, and trying to work both of them out. if someone doesn't get it first, i figure mine should be done sometime this weekend.

Irimi-Ai

By calling this on sabers.shader:

gfx/effects/sabers/saberBlur

{

cull disable

{

clampmap gfx/effects/sabers/blurglow

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE

rgbGen identity

}

{

clampmap gfx/effects/sabers/blurcore