Home

Here is the DFA bind have fun! from leelink

leelink

Sephiroth,

This debate on wether or not the DFA move was bindable has been going on for a month now and no one posted an answer. If people (such as yourself) knew how to bind the DFA move then why has it not been posted before? Would I like to be reconized for providing the answer before anyone else would post it. Sure I would, I dont believe that makes me a Jackass though and it wasnt a secret, just nobody posted it. I believe because no one knew how to bind it.

Ok. My script is similar to krazx's, but I did not include the last wait, or the -moveup bit. Also, my wait is 60.

My script works very well, but I have to be moving forward at the time of the execution. If I do not I end up doing a swing and a long, controllable forcejump.

Ok. What does the last wait do, and would the -moveup help against the jump prob?

Of course I tried it . And of course it doesnt work as it supposed to.Frankly imho its the worst script for DFA ever possible to made .It works only 10% of time and after it person who used it moves and swings around till he enters in console -forward and - attack . I think u should mature a little before blaming anyone in anything .

I think this is all at fault with your computer. It works for me 2 out of 3 times. The "wait 85" is the part that is specific to your computer. If you even bothered to adjust that value, you would get DFA to work like I can. It works 2 out of 3 times because you cannot make a single bind that would cover all 3 of the different heavy stance slashes that DFA starts with. Each one has a different delay. Covering 2 out of 3 is infinitely better than what you could have done... which is nothing. All you do is sit here and bitch about how you can't get my bind to work. Is that any fault of mine?

Also, -forward and -attack are NOT needed. At least not on my machine... Apparently you are having difficulty even operating a simple keyboard. How pathetic.

And I want clerafi a little bit .DfA can be made from standing still and from running . So scripts gonna be a little different in both cases. With some tweaking standing still can be used when running , but the script for making DFA from both position gotta be a less reliable (cause timing is a bit different)

Are you somehow insinuating that you cannot be running while hitting my bind? It grows more and more apparent that you haven't even tried my bind but once or twice, and your closed mind and bias allow you to keep making a fool of yourself.

Ok. My script is similar to krazx's, but I did not include the last wait, or the -moveup bit. Also, my wait is 60.

My script works very well, but I have to be moving forward at the time of the execution. If I do not I end up doing a swing and a long, controllable forcejump.

Ok. What does the last wait do, and would the -moveup help against the jump prob?

Well since you decided that you knew more than me and took out the last wait and -moveup, then this is what has caused you problems.

The last wait and -moveup command are a failsafe. I know that my bind can only work 2 out of 3 times... so that 1 time that it fails, you are left open.

Without the last wait and -moveup, you are forced to jump very high in the air and waste a lot of force power. You are also a lot more vulnerable, and due to the fact that execution of DFA did not occur, you could be stuck running, jumping, or attacking.

Please do not modify my code and blame it on me. Realize that these problems are your own doing. My code is very simple and I'm sure it could be worked on. I just released it because 99% of you were debating whether or not it could even be done.

I proved it could be. Now shut up. ;)

I did not "modify your code and blame you".

I fiddled around with a hint someone gave me and came up with that. I have scripted b/f with HL, but it was v. basic. I had not thought of adding more stuff in and was asking you why, not "blaming" you.

sheesh.

<<"NewBJedi, one of our fine forum-goers recently sent an email to Kenn Hoekstra from Raven with an idea about changing the stances a little. He recieved a message backing saying the following.

"Consider it forwarded. Just a note: the heavy stance has been tweaked heavily in the pending patch to balance it better."

Patch coming soon to cut down on the number of people incessantly using the 1 hit-kill move? Sounds good. We'll keep you informed. Thanks to NewBJedi for this one.">>

Not like we actually know how much of a difference its going to make, maybe it wont even alter the power of the move, but it sounds likely that it will. Does having the Bind.cfg for the move actually matter too much? Will most people actually use their mind(s) like you all that have kept it a secret have, and grow tired of it anyway? Too many people have had this GOD-Complex for some time now.

I applaud Leelink for introducing this info to the public. Yes, I'm sure he was expecting to get flamed, etc, but who really cares? (Only the people who actually know how to do it, for the most part)

I'm sure it was just a matter of a short while before any other person (myself included) would figure it out and post it as well. (Yes I was planning too), but still needed more tweaking on the bind. Now with this information, I can go home after work and try it out.

Thanks for the info again Leelink, some people actually do appreciate this.

Why is everyone crying like they are going to be spammed by dfa by newbies now... does the newbie know to go to this board, know what "dfa" means and know how to bind it even if the bind is right there on these boards. NOoooooooooooooooooo....

Why does anyone need a bind for this anyway? As was said above just do it yourself and you will have much better results then through a bind.

I also do not know why i've seen posts like my dfa bind works, but i wont tell you, you have to discover this all powerfull secret on your own. Like this bind would make you a better player? Please. Thanks leelink for just coming out and saying it to end all the damn questions about how to do it. Hoarding information is bad, it doesnt move the game community forward at all. Honestly, are the people who are decent at this game sick of playing people who suck all day in public servers? I miss getting my ass whooped, i'm not learning to be any better at all when i play on a pub server.

This goes for ANYTHING. Get the knowledge out there, don't hide it. That is selfish and greedy. Publishing this information can only do wonders for people's opinions about you. Do you like Mr A who says he knows how to do everything but doenst tell you, or Mr B who shows you how to do everything? If you are investing so much time with the game to figure these things out, and you are not telling people what you have discovered, you are only demonstraiting how much you have wasted your time.

And to the guy above who saw someone doing a combo and owning everyone... well see, no bind is going to do that. Why didnt you watch what series of moves he did and start trying it yourself? I'm sure becuase it is the only thing he does, as you said, he can pretty much execute it like a robot. I mean you spend like 6 hours doing like one combo its going to come 2nd nature.

Take an example, tekken 3, these kids that were in my dorm across the hall played it ALLLLL day, nothing else, all night, all day. Playing these kids in it was just insane, they woudl be all fighthing, reverse my **** and go into some 10 hit combo thing. It was so over before it started. He sure as hell wasn't scripting anything and the timing in tekken is much much more difficult then jedi (holding the button and pressing a direction? Please thats easy). When you play online you just have to know that there are always people better then you will ever be.

Share that info, you obviously want recognition (from a hoard of people on this board you will most likely never see in the game...) if you are posting that you know how to do it. If you want to be mr secret dont even post on the board.

Sundevil IRON

The guy wasn't doing combos, Reapy.

He'd DFA. Then he'd DFA. Then he'd DFA again. Then another DFA.

This isn't so bad in duels, as I'd just waste him, but he had like 50 frags because he'd DFA into crowds of people, and the insane hit detection on the DFA would kill everyone in a seven mile radius of him.

The biggest thing I hope is fixed in the patch is the DFA's hit detection.

Originally posted by Waspie

The biggest thing I hope is fixed in the patch is the DFA's hit detection.

Yes, hit detection for the saber. Also the general strange animatios -the models moonwalk, etc.

Originally posted by Reapy

[inane bitching about not sharing information]

Okay, I'm going to leak the hacking information now for the game and give a link to where you can download a program I made to modify particular memory addresses... because you know... I shouldn't keep that information back from anyone... I think everyone should run around with duel lightsaber, 999 health, and 65535 force points.

:rolleyes:

Some information is better left out of the hands of idiots.

To krazx : U said your script works 85 percent of time . Lol . Mine (not one that was published but based on it ) does it 100% of time .Period. 100% percent reliable script .It also drain zero force and I can bet that mine dfa is the quickest DFA possible.

I also scripted anything that came in my head just for fun . And to some ppl who think something cannot be scipted :Just tell me what. I scripted kick ,all basic moves ,all power moves (including heavy combo ) .All that came in my mind .And with 100% reliability(at least with ping from 50 to 150) .

p.s. Well Id didnt scripted vertical wall walk -cause I don't know how to do it .But I think its possible too if I only knew how it is performed.

p.s.And scripts doesnt improve your game dramatically .In fact I think they do very little .Cause DFA is simply second to useless in duels (too easy to counter) and it doesnt matter if u can do it many many times without a glitch -it wont help much to anyone.

All other moves are just too easy to bother much with assigning keys for em (unless u dont have 3d arm).In fact I found that only usefull thing is scripted kick - but kicks have a very limited area anyway . So don't whine that scripts are "cheats " or gives enourmous advantage -they don't do it .If U don't know how to play scripted power moves wont help u much .

they were very useful in learning how to do the "DFA". After spending just a few minutes doing the move manually with the proper key strokes it vastly improved my ability to do it. It will be no time at all before can excute it at will.

thanks again

btw I would love to see a script for the medium stance attack, i have trouble excuting that too :)

Originally posted by Dessan_E

Hey krazx i just wanted to say thanks...your bind works perfectly...for me it works 100% of the time.

No problem. Have fun. I think certain computer systems lag more (or less) than others, which is why one single bind isn't perfect for everyone.

I was only trying to guide people to make a bind for themselves, and I get flamed for it... oh well, that's the internet for ya.

Archived