Home

To all the developers of JKII

FrustratedGamer

On behalf of everyone who got screwed over by this game, f### you.

I was looking forward to JKII more than I looked forward to any other game in the past 2 years. I have a pretty good machine - not top of the line, but so far NOTHING ever gave me the sort of trouble that JKII gave me.

The gameplay, plain and simply, blows. Just you try stepping out of doors, everything sl sl sl ow ow ow s dow dow down t t t to a st st stuttering cr cr crawl. Hell, I could barely navigate catwalks at Artus Topside because everything slowed down so much. AND NO, I DO NOT HAVE MY GRAPHIC OPTIONS CRANKED UP ALL THE WAY. But any more turning them down, and I might as well go play Wolfenstein 3d (original).

Loading times! God damn it! I could clean my entire house waiting for a cold load. Thanks a lot...

The first few levels were supposed to be a break-in period. Instead, the game gives you a weapon that hits every 4th shot at best, and throws HORDES of opponents at you. Of course, their aim sucks too, but there's so many of them you'll get peppered soon enough... die... reload... walk two steps... toggle 35 switches and hope you didn't miss one in the far corner... walk two steps... die... reload...

Anyway, Raven: all I want to know now is how much you paid to those sellouts at PC Lamer not to get tested on a run of the mill machine and to get 91%. Thank god for the return policy in the store I bought your piece of crap at, because it's going right back for a refund. Your only decent game was Soldier of Fortune, and SoF 2 is NO LONGER on my list.

Screw you, Raven, for makingn the worst piece of bloatware since Windows 98.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, FrustratedGamer. It sounds like you've had a rough go of it. Have you tried the game on a friends machine or anything like that?

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but the game is running fine on my not exactly cutting edge hardware (PIII 800/GF3/ 256MB RAM). Yeah I have a GF3, but my processor is the supreme bottleneck and I bet would have the same performance with a GF2 in there. I'm playing at 1024x768 all things cranked except volumetric shadows.

On behalf of all the people who haven't been screwed over by the game, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the "bloatware" reference you made, and give Raven a giant thumbs up for their job.

Return the game, and get ready for Episode II in two weeks! :D

TDS

I'm a bit disappointed too, but for other reasons. The game is to fast paced(yes you read right). To much Quake and to little SW atmosphere, it's hard to explain but true SW fans out there know what I'm talking about.

Archived