Home

esecuting cfg files with a script

patchx

can anyone tell me how to execute a .cfg file with a script?

the "run" command doesnt work (must be only for ibi files)

im soooooooo close to having an automatic set saber colour for my sp map i can taste it

-patch

ok, i'm not exactly clear on what you're trying to do. the following is based off the assumption that you want a specific saber color to be the default for your SP map.

you could do this with scripts, but it really wouldn't be worth it. the player would have to bring down the console in-game and type a command to change it. this would be a clumsy way to do it.

you could also do this with a *.cfg file. this would be clumsy, too. the text of the script file would not have 'exec' in it...you type 'exec X.cfg' in the console to execute the config file. this is what Wired meant...not 'exec' in the config file or script file....'exec' in the console.

the best way to make it change the default would be to change some other files. PM me or something and i'll tell you. i just don't want to waste space here if this is not what you wanted to do.

Irimi-Ai

Originally posted by Irimi-Ai

the best way to make it change the default would be to change some other files. PM me or something and i'll tell you. i just don't want to waste space here if this is not what you wanted to do.

Doing it that way would change it for the proper game as well though, plus you will still have the blue trails.

originally, doing what you are talking about was what i was thinking (actually, a little different, but it had the same effect of the trails being blue still).

now, i'm working on another method that will have the same effect as typing in 'sabercolor X' in the console, but have it done automatically and without messing up the saber colors for any other sabers in the game. should be done by tomorrow or the weekend.

Irimi-Ai

ive made a cfg file that will change the saber color automatically when its executed but i dunno how to execute it in the game without either the player typing in "exec lightsaber.cfg" or tacking it on to the end of their JK2config.cfg file

both option are asking a bit much of a player who has downloaded your sp level and doesnt wanna have to mess around with their .cfg files

does anyone know what tells the game to execute the JK2config.cfg file anyway?

-patch

Archived