Home

"Throwing away" your lightsaber

mahogeny

Have no idea whether this has been posted before or not, but I found tonight how you can intentionally throw away your lightsaber.

Hold down your secondary fire key to throw your lightsaber. Keep the secondary fire key held down and then hit "1" to "turn off" the lightsaber.

Now, the lightsaber will just shut off and clatter to the ground where you can recall it by hitting primary fire (or run over to it, or just wait for it to respawn in your hand).

I haven't used it in mp but it could be kinda fun as a taunt (throw it at your opponent and then recall it right before they attack you).

Like I said, I have no idea whether this is general knowledge or not, but have fun.

Mahogeny

Bah - oh well. I have no idea why it wouldn't work in mp. Like I said, I was just playing around with some saved games in JKII and discovered that you could do that with the lightsaber.

Guess I got kinda excited and decided to come and post about it :)

Mahogeny

It would be so cool if you could loose your saber in mp - like what happens in sp... (on levels like Nar Shadaa if it drops into the void, maybe spawn it back after 30 seconds or something)..

People might look after it a bit then, instead of chucking it around all over the place.. (would make throw a bit more risky to use then)..

Just an idea if Raven are listening in... ;)

You can lose it, i do it all the time (for fun), but it's different than sp. What you do is, right when you throw it, press the 1 button to shut it off, if the timing is correct, you'll see you lightsabre fly backwards. you'll be stuck in that throw position and CAN'T get back your lightsabre. It works in no cheat games. If you can't do it the first few times, just right click and press 1 constantly, it'll happen, that's how i found out you can lose it, when i lost it the first time.

I was dueling a dude the other day and he threw his saber at me.

The funny thing was that it did not come back and the guy was running around the map looking for it.:)

After about 5 mins, he calmly stopped looking and just bowed before me with a message. (Just finish me) LoL.

It was so funny ! :jawa

in MP u can knock their saber out of the air, but u hafta time your attack as the saber approaches, i've done it before :p

if the saber dissappears then switch to a dif weapon and back to the saber, it will normally return that way, but u may hafta switch a few times before it works. i've toyed with it a bit since i got the game, so i'm pretty but not fully knowledgeable in the field of saber losing :) he he

Archived