Home

Simple Skinning Questiloo's

SnubJockey

Okay, I've dug out some models and they're skins, and I've touched them up a bit (namely the X-Wing and Shuttle skins). Now, how in hell do I make them function?

I tried taking the appropiate files and putting them in their own folder, but the model looks for the skins in the original directory (models\maps\kejim\ e.g.). How do I reassign the skins (or skin paths)?

What I'm working on is making X-Wing Red 2 and Green 2 (basic edits of the pre-existing skins) and the Emperor's Shuttle (uberbasic edit of skin).

If I had any web space I'd post pics of them, but any help is appriciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, how do I add a new taunt to a skin/model? Specifically, the Rebel Pilot model released by Mirax and I want to add a "Stay on target!" taunt sound. :D

I would imagine the only way to do it would be to simply replace the original images rather than doing a new folder for the model (That's the impression I got of what you're doing, anyway). You might be able to do it in it's own folder if you were creating a custom level, though. You might get better information in the Mapping/Levels section of the Forum.

BradFu!:ewok:

Archived