Home

Plz help with the saber tactics

TheForce85

Iam a newbie in JKII and have heard about so much things like saber colors (heavy, light), key bindings. Now I want to know the basic things about the saber tactics, movements, key bindings. Plz tell me and give me tips about using the saber, picking the color of the saber.

I dont have a chance in multiplayer gaming so i want to improve my skills. Please help me!!

OK, while we're on this topic, can anyone tell me how to carry out the special moves with the Saber. What I mean is, a move requires you to press, for example 'forward + attack + jump'. Does this mean you press them all together at once, or do you press them one-by-one in that order??

Much appreciated :)

Man you guys are going to get ripped up for questions like these. I will tell you, a lot of what your asking is in the manual. But her is a post by ArtifeX it a good starter guide the rest is practice. Take a look.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45076

Just try reading through the posts on here you learn alot after sorting thought all the crap........... you'll see as you read.

Dammit man, dont be so patranising :mad: . I've read that thread already, and I understand it. Its just that I dont know how to execute them. If you read what I asked then you will know what i mean :mad: . So read the question before you go on act 'superior' and mock people, pretending to 'answer' their question. :mad:

Well you could have found this out quite easy by just createing a server and fighting some bots, but the answer is you push forward then hit attack and jump, or atleast on the yellow style I cant comment on that red strong lunge as ive banned myself from useing red.

Originally posted by Stewie130

Dammit man, dont be so patranising :mad: . I've read that thread already, and I understand it. Its just that I dont know how to execute them. If you read what I asked then you will know what i mean :mad: . So read the question before you go on act 'superior' and mock people, pretending to 'answer' their question. :mad:

LOL, LOL, "Patronizing, Superior, and Mocking... Don't get you panties in a bunch. I did answer your question. In the Thread I posted it says in so many words there are different ways to do the move your asking about. There are three different saber styles and the order you execute them in depends on how your standing or if your running and want to do the move and so on. If you think I'm trying to be Patronizing and Superior have some one else help you with your question... Don't take things so personally. ;)

For Example:

From medium (yellow) a standing position: forward, attack, the same time then jump makes you do a over the head slash and then jump not the special move.

From Strong (red) jump then Forward attack the same time will sometimes make you do the special move it's all in the timing (practice)

By the way I was just trying to help. This here Medium and strong may be help or not take it as you want I wont loose any sleep worrying about if you are mad at me... Have FUN with the game. :)

Thanks for your straightforward answer zenroth. As for twitch, thanks for giving the answer too. And btw, i know you wont loose sleep over my comment, unless you are a total freek, i mean who would take anything personal from someone they dont know.

And dont worry, I am having with FUN the game. Thanks for your concern :p

I dont get it, Ive been playing for a while now and have consigned myself to simply not being able to do the DFA....I prefer Saber only FFA or CTF but it seems the thing is DFA or nothin' at all. I read the post from Artifex (nicely done), it says " 1/2 second after any strong attack then +jump +forward while you say in this post jump first then forward & attack....... Im more confused than ever. I would like to do this move as an addition to overall strategy, I find it boring to do the same thing over and over but maybe I am a n00b as well hehe

Allright, I have it programmed to a key on my n50 speedpad. Works every time.

Attack - wait 0.7 sec [works down to .65 but not 100%] then forward+jump [at the same time]. Now, thing is, if I'm standing still it won't work every time but if I take the slightest step forward before preforming it it works 100%, might be that you need som kind of momentum [and one should allways be moving anyway so...].

ok, i have a really good lightsaber guide page on the website i'm making but my internet is fried right now and i'm on a school computer so i'll have to just tell you some of the stuff

a) practice

b) watch others

c) be unpredictable, adapt to the situation

a good way to practice is to go onto the second last mission (yavin_courtyard) and run around without the help of your allies....(grip them and then your allies will fight back too:P)

if you want to fight 2 shadow hunters at a time go to the last part and also luke's quarters (jump up the turbo lift right after the first shadow hunter that's all by itself)

this can be good practice....and then go fight desann

he's a bit cheap and hard to counter his grip and stuff but if you stay close to him he won't use the force.....i'll give you the link when i get my site up (when my wireless high speed internet modem gets fixed[i'm itching to do some multiplayer too] and who knows how long that will be)

hopefully i've helped

Archived