Home

Just bought JK2

TNode

A week ago and I must say this is *really* good. Been playing nonstop since I got it. This is pretty unusual for me, since I tire of games quickly, although there has been a few exceptions.

The lightsaber battles are just soo cool! And running into a room with tons of stormies, jumping real high, using pull = LMAO!

Now, MP is another story. The saber just doesn't "feel" right. I'm sure Raven had a good reason for changing this, but I wish they could fix some of it in the upcoming patch. Also, the bots are pretty pathetic compared to Reborns, Tavion etc.. in the way they fight (too much backpedling:( )

Speaking of which: aren't Reborns (and other lightsaber wielding dudes\dudettes technically bots? Admittably, they aren't too hard since I play on Padawan, but I gather they are thougher on higher skill levels.

Finally, I little story for you all. I was looking for a nice duel area and remembered a Bespin platform (the one where there are 2 officers, a Reborn and a Cloud Car). So, I spawn a Reborn, and he goes (as he usually does) : "Do you fear me?". I just stood there, extinguished my saber and gripped him while he tried to sswing at me. Then I pushed him over the edge. "Not particularly", I said to myself. ROFL, man this game's funny!:D

Originally posted by TNode

I gripped him then I pushed him over the edge.

This happens a lot in MP.

And yeah, I noticed that about the bots in MP; they run away. I think the Desann bot, however, is a pretty good fighter in MP.

It is a good game, but as with any game, it could be better. That's why they leave room for mods and patches. :)

Bots, are meant for training. If you dont feel like fighting internet guys, and need a rest but you still want to train. Jedi Master setting, is the same to train, but the bots might not be easy to you. so Jedi Knight, is a relaxed fighting mode. Thats how i take it. Every morning before school i play 'em. ITs fun, if you Fight Desann, Reborn, Shadowtrooper, and Tavion.

Ahh..what I actually meant was that the bots in MP differ extremely from the "bots" in SP (Reborns, Tavion...) in that they fight more realistically.

Oh, and point taken, I'll never rave about a game in a forum ever again.:D

I find that even with the settings at Jedi Master, the bots are still stupid. If you want good fun and practice, start the game on jedi master, single player that is, and fight the whole last level courtyard scene with the saber realism on. That makes it so much more challenging, and also, pretty fun as well. =)

Archived