Home

Outrider....

Adarin

Only thing is, it's not the inside that's hard. For some reason, parts of the brushes keep turning up transparent, and I can't seem to stop it. I delete one messed up brush, replace it, and another gets messed up, all over the thing. I'm thinking I'll try compiling it and playing on another machine, but, I dunno.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, if I can get some screenshots from Shadows of the Emire of the inside of the Outrider, I will have some more screenshots and maybe even finish the map this week(Maybe!). I scaled the map to be 20% larger, and pretty much all of my problems are gone, so, I'm not fussing with it anymore. It's just a matter of doing the landing gear and finishing the inside. =P So, pictures from ingame would be appreciated! Or something nearly as good. I only have the pictures from way earlier in the post to work from. This map will be finished!:fett:

Hey, this is I think the first time I've checked this thread, and I have to say it's looking great! I will be making a prefab sometime later too.

(I beg thy forgiveness for this) can you check out my map(again I beg thy forgiveness)

I will add this thread to my list of good maps/prfabs being made.

:ewok: Duba-duba-duba!

One more new screen for the night. I just did this. =P

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/spiffy2/sw/outriderinner1.txt

All that's left to do is add it's own light sources and a few more custom textures and it will be ready. Might be some touching up needed, I'll have to look around a bit more.

Grets, I'll check your map out, no problem. Not at the moment though. Kinda busy working on this.

I'll be releasing it as a prefab on jedioutcastmaps.com, and hopefully other sites. I don't like the Millenium Falcon model that's out right now, it is too small... I might maybe try making that too, but, that's a LOT bigger. =P I also wanna do Slave I. But I think first I'll do an actual level.

I've almost got it done. I gotta perfect the lighting, then I'll be happy with it. I think there's still a few errors, but, I can't remember off the bat. I'm gonna try and get it done today.

Hey, can you e-mail me the texture you used for the falcon's blue engine thing? Been looking for something just like it, it would be a great help. :) Please, if you want to, e-mail it to me at puffy_mog@hotmail.com. If ya don't want to, well, that's fine. I can attempt my own if it comes down to it. =P

Your Falcon looks great. The outside of the Outrider was a pain, especially with the way it was designed. I had to do it with, for the most part, brushes. I used a few bevel's here and there. I think I got it pretty on though.

I'm in the middle of trying to make the shader so that it'll glow blue, as soon as I've worked that out I'll send it your way.

I've ended up using brushes for pretty much the entire thing too, just the cockpit is a patch mesh.

Just got to try and fit the interior in there now. :D

its looking pretty good by the way, good job

hey arre modeling this? or is it done in radiant...if in radiant check your bsp compiling stage for this error "3 tiny nodes with out a volume" or node without a volume that might be why brushes are tranparant

it means that you either have a very small or very large brush.

the error should be followed by a list on pionts (x y z), build a box around those points and then hit select inside it should find your evil poly gtk also has a plugin to find those brushs but sometime it won't find the brush:( all you can do then is delete the brushes aroun that piont and replace them

Archived