Home

Work in Progress - Guard

Goreld

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

er... why wait until the monmothma model gets released?

it's using the same _humanoid.gla skeleton as any other model in JK2... at least thats what i thought....

oh and the poly count looks to be very small.. you might want to add more detail to the cape...

looks great btw.... although i dont know what a red guard is :p

but it looks very very cool

look at her legs, she must have an extra bone,a dn the rest is basicaly the same, they wouldnt hvae to redo it all just the walking anims././ maybe just edit them... but mostly games have a seperate animation for every character, jk2 used 1 for almost all, i htink they might have a diff for ateats 1 or 2... it wouldnt take that much longer as most models use same animation. dont know htough..

So far the model is 692 polies. I foresee the rest of the model taking somewhere around 1500 polies. After that I'll look at putting more polies in the cape perhaps, but right now I want to stay on the safe side of the poly count.

I can't belive you guys don't know where the red guards are from. Watch return of the jedi when Luke is on the death star. There are two red guards standing at the elevator. The emperor sends them away so Vader and Luke can duke it out.

this Royal Guard is looking fantastic!!!

really great work!

have you thought of making the blue Ep1 guards, because the body is all the same, only the head would have to be changed!

Anyway, good model!!!!

Hate to put a downer on such a great piece of work but...

Royal Guards (and Republic Guards) Heads are static... they don't turn without turning their whole upper boby, the style of their helmets prove that. Unfortunately the _humanoid boby structure was designed for characters whose heads DO move. That's going to create some really horrible effects to the guards when imported with the _humanoid animations.

It's a matter of attatching the right verts. You can still get good results if you do it right. I think the way to go is to attatch the entire hemet and the shoulder area to the head of the skeleton. That should give the effect you need in the animations.

wouldnt it be better to attach the head and shoulder parts to the torso bones?

cuz if you attached em to the head and he looked to the right his whole upper body + helmet would turn right but his torso would stay at the same place.. would look rather odd

If the head deformation looks terrible, I'll just attach the head to the shoulder bones. The robe's probably going to be the trickier part. Either way, I'll worry about all that once I've finished modeling and skinned it.

Archived