Home

anyone have a good way to shave kyle?

evilsam

Photoshop also has a clone-stamp tool. I usually use that and the Smudge tool to clean up faces. My first skin is a heavy modification of Galek with different clothes and a "youthened" face (Just because the original Galek face was a very good one :). I've cleared out wrinkles and scars and made numerous other changes to the face using smudges and clone-stamps.

BradFu!

the best method in any way is painting your own stuff.

it may need a damn lot of practise but it's well worth it.

i dunno what you think about this, at least i feel cheating when i don't make my skins myself. besides this, you could get in a bit of trouble using the developers' stuff without asking for permission.

if you want to edit, i recommend this technique:

think about skin being a product of shaded color and skin texture.

in the beginning stage, you should try overpainting the beard with skin colors that fit well on the model.

check your lighting, skin values etc...

a bit of smudging here and there is good for controlling things like skinfolds etc...

okay, now you have plain skintones where the beard was. of course, they lack the original skin texture and look too clean compared to the rest.

here comes the magic:

-mask a bit of kyles original skin with a decent amount of structure in it.

-copy and paste onto a new layer

-desaturate completely. we already have the colors, we want the differences in value, the actual structure.

-use the high pass filter.

this needs a bit of explaining: the high pass filter is there for removing large-scale information: it leaves all the differences on small space, like skin texture but removes all large scale details like the original lighting, shadows of kyle's skin at the place you cut the piece out.

play around with the settings to get a feel for how it works and get a file that only contains the actual flat skin texture.

-then, copy your extracted piece of grayscale skin texture to cover the entire shaved area and overlapping each other. maybe you should mirror some of them or rotete them to make the pattern less repetitive.

-take an eraser tool at low opacity and make the single pieces blend together where they overlap.

-make one layer out of all the b/w skintexture files, blend together to nicely fill kyle's shaved skin.

-use either overlay, hard light or soft light as a blending mode for the texture layer and play around with the opacity to match the original skin as close as possible.

-drop all the layers you have

-done :)

see, it's a tricky way but it offers reat results when used wisely.

cutting the long story down to its principle:

paint plain skin

extract the pure skin texture out of a piece of kyles textured skin

apply the extracted texture to the clean skin

hope that helped :)

I am generally pretty good with a clone tool.

Although the nice idea from gekitsu sounds very promising.

Any way I have the same prob but get this.

I have done a shaved kyle but cant for some reason get the face to work right.

The head ( side view ) is perfect but the moustache is still visible as a big pink blur and the face is a much lighter shade than the sides.

Overall its still not bad but in the closeups ie nar shadda bar, luke,intro etc its messy.

I tried to compensate by tinting the face but it made no diff at all :(

What do I do with that please???

Yours

Ulic

Love from Ireland

I had a little trouble with this on the Jedi skin as well. I haven't had a chance to try my new idea, but here it is: Copy and paste the side of the face from the Head image and make them match that way. Then Cut and Paste back to the Head image, and it might look good. As soon as I get a chance to try this, I'll let you know what the results were.

BradFu!:ewok:

yeah but kyle has that sticky out moustach thing, you could shave him but your gonna have triangular pieces of skin jutting out from either side of his top lip.

Course you could leave the moustach with no beard if you want him to look like a homo.

With this Kyle model, I think the best bet would be goatee and mustache rather than completely shaving him or leaving him with only a mustache. The few I've seen with just a mustache remind me very much of the Limo Driver friend from the Wedding Singer :)

BradFu!

Archived