Home

NEED help

Dr. Outcast

ok, i already posted two threads for help, yet no one replied.

So heres one for those two...please help me out if you can in any way, i bumped into a thick brick wall and from the opposite side there is a rancor closing in on me!!!

thnx in advance

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49722

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49331

I don't want to be a nag but spamming won't help you find your solution and if the skin you downloaded is a good packed .pk3 file ,with the correct directories in it, you only have to put the .pk3 file in your \GameData\base directory and the skin should show up.

To check if this is a good packed skin:

Try to open up your skin's .pk3 with WinZip (rename to zip and extract it somewhere) or with WinRaR (doesn't need renaming).

A skin should contain the following to show up:

Directory: models/players/x (x=skin's name)

In that directory the following files should be there to make it work:

animsounds.cfg (animation sounds)

a lot of .jpg files for the skin (appearance of skin)

model.glm (the model it uses)

model_default.skin (the file that sets the texture paths for the skin)

sounds.cfg (just for sounds)

And if your screwing around with your assets.pk3 you might as well install the game again, because this can be lethal, you shouldn't screw around in your assets.pk3 unless you know what you're doing!

Also make sure you haven't downloaded a skin that replaces another skin that's already in the game!

first, i dont know that i am spamming......i mean, correct me if i'm wrong, but spam is advertise for something else that is provided here (forum)

second... yes all those skin pk3's are like what u said, but they still wont show ingame.....always brings up kyle

And i'm pretty sure they dont replace a skin, i downloaded 5 skins and neither one will work, so thats why i tried to mess with the assets file..(made a copy of it first), so i extracted one model and compare the two.....all is accordingly, except for the directories offcourse, and the according jpg files

i also tried to take all the jpg files from that skin and start from scratch with the tutorial.....and the bots.txt i have done aswell, neither will work....

So i'm pretty much in the dark here

no, no ... i dont want to replace Kyle... i just want to add a skin for MP (this time its sandtrooper) and it doesnt load, i can however select the player (the icon shows) but ingame its just....kyle.

I'm telling you, i tried every single thing, for some reason it wont work here, and cant be a conflict....theres only that one pk3 file in the base dir...

well, i got it to work now with creating my own server (pure or not) but whenever i try to join one, i get an error saying : invalid game folder

doesnt matter which server i join, always says that

and i put the pk3 file in the base dir, so this time i didnt mess with the assets file

I really dont know what to do anymore

Archived