Home

I must be a total idiot

Anakin_solo2nd

I have tried everything i can think of to make my skin work right, i even modified kyle's original model_default file and my skin still wouldn't show up. I can veiw it in modView and i can see my icon in the mp player setup, but my skin never shows up. My last idea was to uninstall the game, re-install it, mke my skin again in .tga format, modify my model_default file, and try again. NO LUCK! I've read the totorial about 5 times, I'ved looked at the other threads with the same problem, AND STILL CAN'T GET IT!!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :(

i don't know much about skinning, but if you look at the files for Morgan, you can see that there's an image that has something to do with the "ghostly-glow" he has. Maybe if you experiment a bit you might figure out how to use it...

The glowing thing on morgan is an effect called SHADER. If you want to make glowing effects and the like you need to turn to shaders. I won't go into details, but you can find a lot of tutorials out there that explain shaders and some effects you can "easily" add to your skins and textures(maybe the JKII editing tool have a readme about them). But shaders are a serious texturing tool and personaly i don't see the need to use them..... yet!

Archived