Home

What air units do we all expect?

Guest Rogue15

Guest Rogue15

I excpect there to be:

Droid Starfighters

Droid STAPS

Naboo Starfighters

Naboo Bombers (can't remember accurate name)

Naboo Police Cruiser

TIE Bombers

TIE Fighters

TIE Advanced

TIE Defenders

Assault Gunboats

Missile Boats

Snowspeeders

Y-Wings

A-Wings

X-Wings

V-Wings

B-Wings

Star Vipers (please please please PLEASE!!!!!!)

Z-95 Headhunters

R41 Starchasers

Cloud Car (combat kind of course)

Shuttles (sentinel class would be preferred-they can carry units)

Probe Droids

Can anybody name some more?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tie Guy

I don't know if there will be that many, but there may be. It would be cool.

What kind of air units will teh Gungans have? or the Wookies?

Guest Rogue15

well, i don't think the gungans would have any, each race probably has its own special unit, the gungans are prolly the only ones with submarines.

Guest Sherack Nhar

Every faction has Air, ground and naval units. No exceptions. So, I guess the Gungans will use flying creatures as air units. They do not use anything mechanical.

Guest Tie Guy

That would be wierd, a gungan flying on a teridactl(sp?) type creature. Or maybe a hang-glider like the ewoks in the movies.

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, it would be wierd to see a gungan in an X-wing, but flying creatures just don't seem to fit into the mi of the gungans. Oh well, I wish we had some screenshots of the gungan air force.

I guess there will be 19 in-game air units.

- A fighter for every civ (X-Wing, TIE-Fighter, Naboo Starfighter, Droid Fighter ... and others)

- A bomber for each civ (Y-Wing, TIE-Bomber and bombers for the other civ's)

- Snowspeeder as a special unit for the Rebels

Also there will be some extra air units in the scenario editor and possible in the campaigns. The A-Wing and the Millenium Falcon are confirmed for this.

Guest Tie Guy

I think that there will be 4 tech levels for each category of units, so that would make 24 fighters, plus the rebel snowspeeder is 25.

I don't think the're will be 4 tech levels of fighters. I don't even think you can get them in tech level 1, maybe not even in 2.

If there are differences (wich I don't think is likely) I presume it will be like Headhunter>X-Wing>Xj-Wing or maybe X-Wing and Elite X-Wing.

This isn't X-Wing Alliance or Rogue Squadron where Fighters are the main thing. The game will focus on ground battles, so that's where the most variation will be.

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, that's a good point. There may not be air units in the first level. But there probably will be in the others. The rebels might have these:

Headhunter

Y-wing

X-wing

So maybe there will only be 3, but there might only be 2, i don't know.

What I'm more worried about is the way the flying units will act. I've seen a couple of gameplay videos (dont remember where) and I was disapointed. I hated the fact the starfighters had to STOP to attack. It made everything look just wrong in my opinion.

But I'm not worried to the point I wont buy the game. After all, initialy the AT-AT was the same size of stroomtroopers. But now LEC fixed that :) Lets just hope they fix the air units.

Guest Tie Guy

Can't say i've played TA, but i did play all of teh C&C series, and they have air units. I'd almost rather just not have to deal with the air aspect, and just focus on ground strategy.

BTW, does anyone else think that the fighter are way too big and clunky? I think that they should make them smaller and sharper.

About the air units not moving while the're not being used:

It's all for the sake of gameplay. It's easier to select a fixed unit than a moving unit. And because gameplay is more important than looks ... I'll settle with this.

But than again ... they are to static when not moving. It needs to be done a little more like in Star Craft. They moved a very little there, you could see them floating a bit when not used, not too much ofcourse.

That is what I'm missing a bit ... I hope LEC will make them float that way... I hope they are reading this.

Guest Tie Guy

Oh, and i forgot about transports. The first Tech Level Airplane could be a transport.

Anyways, the easiest way to do it is to make groups out of different squads or groups. In fact, that is about the only way to use them in RA2, and i think it worked well.

Also, another way to do it would to have them "return to base" while idle.

Archived